Import Anime Forums

Full Version: argh what is this anime!?!?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ok there was an anime i rented from blockbuster when i was 9 or so i don't remember the title but its definatly mecha and theres this city thats in space that can transform into like a mecha thingy and blow stuff up it looks like a naval battle cruiser when it isn't transformed but when it does transform to that mecha thing the first time it happened when the parts were changing it was damageing a few buildings inside the cruiser thing lol sorry for the lame description but thats all i can remember somone plz help me i'm dying to know what this is i know its a series though not a movie or ova
You're describing an episode of Robotech.
Also known as Macross.
The R1s are actually reasonably priced these days too.
yep sounds like Macross

but theres a hell load of mecha anime out there
omg its robotech omg i can't believe i didn't know that lol thanks
Rolleyes lol Cool
Quote:Originally posted by NightRayne
omg its robotech omg i can't believe i didn't know that lol thanks

It's Macross, NOT Robotech. Robotech's nothing but a poorly bastardized version of Macross, that doesn't hold a candle against the original. You're much better off watching Macross - that way you won't have to watch Robotech, then Macross later, and bitch about how 'no one told me how crappy Robotech was to Macross'. Make your ears and mind thank you, as Macross is a much more intelligent series than Robotech, with many more morals other than just 'kill the enemy, kill kill kill!'.
Geez Robojackoff calm down. Its Robotech he rented it at a blockbuster. Dude Macross is great but gosh damn so is Robofuckingtech. If it wasn't for Carl Macek it would have been many years before anime hit here in America. I didn't have the luxury of growing up in Japan, so what I did watch was Robotech, and it was damn good. Do yourself a favor NR watch Robotech and Macross and base your own opinion instead of listening to Macross fanboys!!! So kill those enemies Rick Hunter kill kill kill!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
Geez Robojackoff calm down. Its Robotech he rented it at a blockbuster. Dude Macross is great but gosh damn so is Robofuckingtech. If it wasn't for Carl Macek it would have been many years before anime hit here in America. I didn't have the luxury of growing up in Japan, so what I did watch was Robotech, and it was damn good. Do yourself a favor NR watch Robotech and Macross and base your own opinion instead of listening to Macross fanboys!!! So kill those enemies Rick Hunter kill kill kill!!!!
Speak for yourself, bitch. I was watching Macross and Gundam when I was a toddler.

I seriously can't believe you're recommending Robocrap. With so many posts in this forum, I still can't believe you're talking like a n00b who's in denial. Macross fanboy, I am, but for a damn good reason.

But I guess one man's garbage is another man's treasure. Enjoy your treasure, evilomar.

Seriously though, Nightrayne. You'll only regret it later if you only get the Robotech series. Get both if you have the money, and see for yourself how much better Macross is. The video quality's better in the Animeigo-ripped Macross set anyway, so it's a win-win situation, unless you like hearing screeching Minmay in Robotech.
By your comeback, I can tell your not much older than a toddler now, it must have been nice however to watch Macross and Gundam though. However, the bitch comment I will not forget . Now go tell your mom to mail me my underwear, I left it in her room the other night when we were watching Robotech.
Why did you tell Robojack to calm down? He was blasting Robotech not him!

EDIT

You're gonna cause this thread to get locked.Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
By your comeback, I can tell your not much older than a toddler now, it must have been nice however to watch Macross and Gundam though. However, the bitch comment I will not forget . Now go tell your mom to mail me my underwear, I left it in her room the other night when we were watching Robotech.
FYI, my mom is dead. Ok? So even if you wanted to, that bit wouldn't work. :o
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU

You're gonna cause this thread to get locked.Rolleyes

Um hmm Um hmmm *nods head in agreement*
Wow... such hostility over a TV show.
I'm going to stand on the side of Robotech as being a good show. It's one of the earlier shows I remember watching (along with Starblazers and G-Force) in a time when there were no video rental stores.

Sure it's edited down from the original but that doesn't make it a bad show. Just like G-Force was edited from Gatchaman, I have fond memories of both of these shows.

Does this make me a N00b too?
hmmmm...i seen both version...when i was lil i thought robotech was the bomb!! (haha)...but i recently rewatched the originally macross (thanks to macross perfect collection, get it now!!)...i give the edge to Macross..the characterization is prolly a lil more mature in macross...but overall i think both of them really covers the same theme...if theres any complain bout robotech..it should be directed at the south cross...now that really got bastardize pretty badly...
Calm down, if there one thing anime doesn't need it's fan boys. I was too late to see Robotech, so ofcourse I'd rather see the separate shows.

Robotech has nostalgia for some. It's like myself, and GI Joe. The show sucks, but is so much fun to look back upon.

How long has this kid been watching anime? What makes you the ultimate fan? Smile
Pages: 1 2 3