DVD to be obsolete soon
Personally I don't believe this Blu-Ray stuff is going to be used for movies. Sony is making the same mistake they made with MD's. They are the only ones with the rights to the technology. I think DVDs will continue to thrive cause now many people me included have a huge DVD library that is bigger then my VHS libraray. Plus companies know that people won't switch incase they adapt too. In the beginning no DVD players supported VCD or SVCD, now almost every player supports VCD, SVCD, XVCD, and MP3 while still being a DVD player. Now if there were to be a new format like Blu-Ray that does contain more space hey more room for DVD quality video which is still seen as standard. Plus come on Blu-Ray discs have caddies and functionlike carts which is what some people wanted with CD/DVD to prevent scratches to the disc's surface. DVD can't live forever but the new format will still be discs and hey DVD are discs too so the Blu-Ray system will still have to bow down to its predecessor the DVD. uh uh how you like me now.:p
Quote:Originally posted by Liete
I am not ever switching to Blue Ray, Sony can flop over and die.

Quote:Originally posted by Liete
Wrong.

You can transfer any fomat to any format and im not changing to another format any time soon.

funny how you didn't read my first post, and how you changed your statement after i posted.

my first post said that blu-ray will probably not be adopted any time soon. your original post said you were not switching ever. and yeah, you can transfer the media, but you need equipment for that too. or you could pay extra for someone else to do it. either way, you wont be unaffected.

-Hate me, for I am Vile
Look, maybe you just saw a one headed monkey carrying two watermelons.