Speaking of horror movies
Romero is not a hack...

He was set to do the Resident Evil movie and they didn't want to do shit with him. They didn't want to do things the way he wanted so he left that project. Then it turned into another pop fest that had nothing to do with the game really.
Now there is an interesting movie about why you should never f around with a tribe of people in the jungle some where. I f i'm not mistaken there was no law saying animals couldn't be killed on film, actual animals. So if you do watch the film, they are really killing the animals. "Man it sucks to be eaten" Aslo while we are at it Has anyone seen the Guinr pig series from Japan? I'm really curios about it.
It's all about the love Wink
The only thing I hate about re-makes is that they will sacrifice anythign good about the movie just to attract people who are willing to pay a sh!t load of money to see the next "big hit" or exciting movie that all their peers are watching because it's "the coolest thing ever".

I blame greed for bad remakes, & the decline of the Evil Dead Series. Evil Dead 1, didn't fear being cut, although yes they did strive to keep it from being being 'Not Rated'. Number 2, they did everything possible to make sure it was 'Not Rated' so it would return more cash & what we got from that was a good movie that lacked parts needed to be as big of a cult classic as the first.

What I'm getting at is for once they need to say "Fu*k the masses & their money" & start making movies which gain cult following from those not of the mainstream. Inother words sometimes you have to make a movie that will ONLY appeal to certain people, & not worry about its rating or whatever, & it just it & stay true to the fact aht movies are like art which expresses its writer & director.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
thats what every remake is about Batz... Ripping out the good stuff and attracting dumb people to make a bunch of money.
I don't know if it was a remake or not but that 28 Days Later movie was freakin lame. Totally Predictable, useless dialogue, hardly any plot. BAH the more I think the more I hate. That movie was terrible. And it had a TERRIBLE ending.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
That movie was great... That was Director Danny Boyle who did Trainspotting which is a classic.

And no it wasn't a remake. For once I felt it was great to see a newer movie produced on digital film that felt like a cult classic movie.

And if you didn't like the ending you should get the dvd with the real ending on it that they took out of the theatric release. Jim really dies in the real ending, but they thought that it would be too depressing for the fans and took it out.
That was what I watched. The DVD. I saw the "real ending" which was just as stupid I thought. And the whole Get yourself a blood transfusion idea in the deleted storyboard was retarded. Sorry dude. That movie will never win me over.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
That movie was great.... For once I felt it was great to see a newer movie produced on digital film that felt like a cult classic movie.

Amen to that, I loved that movie!!!! I've seen alot of weird and fucked up horror movies in my time, but that movie was up to the standards of old. I thought it was classic, as far as Romero was is concerned the reason I said that he is a hack was because he had been sitting on the license to all his movies for 15 years, and kept saying he was going to do something with them again and didn't. He had the oportunity to do Resident Evil and he couldn't get along with the producers, damn that probably would have been a great movie if he had been involved. I would love to see another Day of the Dead, or for that matter Creepshow 3, but based on his last movie BRUISER, I don't know how great they would be. However, I'm willing to give The Ill a try.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
The old dawn of the dead was no where near as horrific as the new one. Theold on the pacing was boring and the motor cycle gang was a lame edition to the first film. The first film felt long and drawn out, the second moved very nicely and the scene with the old man and the chainsaw that was classic. There were good parts from both the old and the new but I felt the new dwan of the dead was scariern the old felt boring at times. I't's almost as though the new film was a dark comedy with the errie scare factor.
You obviously don't like cult classics because the original is one of the best film of all.
I just felt that the remake scared me a little more and had better pacing. I still like the orignal very much. I'd love to see a remake of day of the dead. out of all the old films I thought Day of the dead was the best.
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
And if you didn't like the ending you should get the dvd with the real ending on it that they took out of the theatric release. Jim really dies in the real ending, but they thought that it would be too depressing for the fans and took it out.

That's kinda like Bruce Campbell v.s. The Army of Darkness (not really horror, but still),
I'm sorry, but I feel it's ok if the ending of a HORROR movie is depressing. I mean when I'm watching a horror movie I don't want that happy of an ending, unless I think I'll have nightmares other wise.

First of all, if it's a zombie movie, hopefully at one point they cause the people watching it to feel the depression to the effect of thinking that "geez, it'd really suck being one of the last few people alive." This was the feeling I got from Evil Dead when Ash is the only one left that's really alive, which no other zombie movie has done for me, which is why it's my favorite.
With Residents Evil, you knew the main character would live no matter what. With Evil Dead, even though I know there's a number 2 & 3, it seemed like Ash might actually loose near the end of the movie.

And although I've never really seen it done, does anyone know a horror movie where the bad guys win? The closest I've seen anyone come to this was Evil Dead(1), which had a nice ending, to bad they never finished up the story of it, because as we learned in Evil Dead 2, the evilness (my name for the evil force) cannot take someone during the day, which then again I don't think that applies to number 1, but still.

Another thing that Evil Dead has over many horror movies is character reactions.
In most horror movies I can remember, weather or not the person that must live no matter what has any militry training at all they seem to just grab up what ever they can find & start to fight. In Evil Dead, at first Ash couldn't even move when facing a deadite, then after she started to loose his mind, he was able to better fight the beast.
But, then again, this was barely present in ED2, although it was quite good. And in House of The Dead, a bunch of highschool students get handed guns & the go out their attackers.....yeah...I'd be supporting from the back lines most likely.

And last but not least; I beleive that horror movies need nudity! It's not required, but it helps, so not to much, but you know...And then who ever was just shown should be killed, it's kinda like classic rules, only not really.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
The old DOD has plenty of flaws too, like the biker guy who plays with the blood pressure machine when they attack the maul & predictably gets eaten. ¬_¬"

The old one will always be one of my faves but it is quite slow until the biker gang comes along and the mall survivors are really more intelligient than the ones in the remake but the guys in the remake are extremely retarded and leaves too much unexplained. @_@ But hey it was one helluva rollercoaster ride even if i still can't accept running zombies.
Man the original had no flaws... Killer classic! The blood pressure machine hitting 0 since they ate him to death is classic and is the best scene!

Green faced zombies come on man! lol