Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Speaking of horror movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
PLease post your opinions on the new movie Dawn of the Dead. I saw it last night And it does the genre well. How do you guys feel about the movie?
Quote:I dunno if I'd call the Dawn Of The Dead remake a horror movie.... I'd call it a face-rockin' good time.
for those of you in the UK

Shawn of the Dead is pretty damn good and is the best Horror Spoof to come outta the UK

anyway dawn of the dead was OK but its all about the original stupid 70's zombie flicks.

coupla old skool zombie flicks or dodgy dubbed old skool kung foo movies a crate of beer and a coupla mates = a damn Night
Don't even get me started... BLAH!

I HATE WHEN THEY MAKE REMAKES OF GREAT 70's and 80's CULT CLASSICS!

Dawn of The Dead the original by George A. Romero is one of my favorite movies in the world.

Then they get to redo it with stupid ass people like Mikaehah phiffeR *spelling* I don't care about spelling his name.
AAHHHH! lol Cool
What is wrong with it? :confused:
they turn them into pop culture movies so every 9th grader can talk about it... and then you ask them, "Did you know that was a remake?"

"Remake?? No... That movie just came out" Rolleyes
I know what you mean Jaded.
Quote:Originally posted by DARK OSAMU
I know what you mean Jaded.

:p Cool, atleast someone agrees with me.. I thought I was being a bit pestimistic, but that is how I feel about this.
For the most part, teens today are little douche bags. For the most part.
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
they turn them into pop culture movies so every 9th grader can talk about it... and then you ask them, "Did you know that was a remake?"

"Remake?? No... That movie just came out" Rolleyes

I second that. And add that kids always think the re-make is a 1000 times better than the original even if all plot & character delevopment has been lost...
Preach it brother Batz.
here here!
OK I'm going to argue from the other side of the coin here.
#1 Remakes are a great idea, that way today's youth can experience a great movie and then find out is a remake and go check out the original.
#2 To be honest fucking Romero is a hack.... he hasn't done anything decent in years, so it was better to let someone else have a shot at a remake of his movie.
#3 I thought it was a great remake, I hold the original on a pedistle, but this one is great. The actors didn't give Oscar worthy performances, but damn they weren't that bad. Now they need to make a remake of Cannibal Holocaust and all will be good in the world.
#4 I bet if they had called it by another title, Romero fanboys would be raving about this movie instead of bad mouthing it.
I haven't seen the new one. So I will refrain from judging it. I am in agreement that movies should not be re-made. What is wrong with watching the original?
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
What is wrong with watching the original?

Absolutely nothing, but if the remake is the only way some people find out about the original movie, then more power to the remake. If it wasn't for remakes I would have never watched any Akira Kurasawa's films or El Mariachi or Ojos Abiertos. So sometimes remakes are a great idea.
Pages: 1 2