more tenchi
this last week i saw most of the tenchi anime stuff tenchi in tokyo, tenchi universe, tenchi muyo ova, the three tenchi movies and i was wondering aside from tenchi muyo gxp is there any other tenchi series or movies or ovas or something that continues the storyline of tenchi and the group ooo its such a wonderful anime it has to be my favorite of all time nothing beats it
i am a hamburger

My HK Anime Collection
My R1 Anime Collection
take a peek and buy something ^-^
Everyone (Tenchi fans that is) is awaiting the release of OVA 3 - at least an English subbed version.

I've lost track of what has happened to it in Japan (I'm sure the first volume has been released, but I'm not sure). Someone here will know.

EDIT: I've remembered the wesbite: http://www.aicanime.com. The third episode of OVA 3 is due in Japan on 27 March 2004.
Playing: Final Fantasy X-2, Silent Hill and MGS (PSX).
Watching:

My Anime Collection
Isn't the OVA 3 one of the volumes/eps in the Ultimate Collection?
no since not all of it has been released yet even in japan yet from my knowlege so far just the first two episodes of which i've seen and it looks to be a very very promising addition to the tenchi series
i am a hamburger

My HK Anime Collection
My R1 Anime Collection
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
Isn't the OVA 3 one of the volumes/eps in the Ultimate Collection?

No, the third disc in the Ultimate Collection is the Tenchi Encyclopaedia - an info disc. Unless, of course, there's a new edition out with one of the new episodes included, which I think is unlikely.

Just think: OVA 3 is being released an episode per DVD. It probably won't be finished until towards the end of the year.
Watching:

My Anime Collection
"Tenchi Muyo OVA #1: To celebrate their tenth anniversary, Pioneer repackaged the title that put them on the map in the United States from its Ultimate Edition set into four separate volumes."

Tenchi Muyo OVA #1

This is what i got from animeondvd.com review section on R1s dvds.
The OVAs are the episodes in the Ultimate Collection
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
"Tenchi Muyo OVA #1: To celebrate their tenth anniversary, Pioneer repackaged the title that put them on the map in the United States from its Ultimate Edition set into four separate volumes."

Tenchi Muyo OVA #1

This is what i got from animeondvd.com review section on R1s dvds.
The OVAs are the episodes in the Ultimate Collection

Yes, that's correct.

The Ultimate Edition was episodes 1-13 which make up OVA 1 and OVA 2. This was then released as a four DVD collection as your link shows.

Now in Japan they are releasing OVA3 (a direct continuation and the 'true' Tenchi story) and so far episodes 14 and 15 have been released with episode 16 being released this month.
Watching:

My Anime Collection
You can also watch the Mihoshi Special and Pretty Sammy OVA Series as well as Pretty Sammy TV Series. To me the Pretty Sammy series were pretty dire... but then i don't like Magical Girl Series.
awesomness thankx for your input dudes
i am a hamburger

My HK Anime Collection
My R1 Anime Collection

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tenchi Muyo GxP Homeless Joe 4 3,064 08-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Puppet Master
  Tenchi Muyo Perfect: FX missing subtitles? Chinese? skylark 15 6,951 10-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Amethyst
  Crayon Shin-Chan...or...Tenchi Muyo! Flonster 16 6,702 09-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Flonster
  tenchi muyo gxp opinions NightRayne 2 2,098 03-25-2004, 01:19 AM
Last Post: NightRayne
  Tenchi Muyo GXP! opinions NightRayne 0 2,005 03-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Last Post: NightRayne
  Tenchi Muyo! GXP spawn 8 3,852 01-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Shinn Asuka
  Tenchi Muyo! Complete Collection spawn 1 1,568 01-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Last Post: furii
  Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki #3 The3rdChildren 1 1,977 09-22-2003, 09:10 AM
Last Post: evilomar
  Tenchi In Tokyo R1 Rip (FX/Mac) Raining Upwards 27 9,088 01-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Last Post: kakoi_sugoi_yama
  Question about FX Tenchi Deluxe OAV, please help. ainodj 8 4,714 08-28-2002, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Steve_the_Talking_Pie