Import Anime Forums

Full Version: more tenchi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this last week i saw most of the tenchi anime stuff tenchi in tokyo, tenchi universe, tenchi muyo ova, the three tenchi movies and i was wondering aside from tenchi muyo gxp is there any other tenchi series or movies or ovas or something that continues the storyline of tenchi and the group ooo its such a wonderful anime it has to be my favorite of all time nothing beats it
Everyone (Tenchi fans that is) is awaiting the release of OVA 3 - at least an English subbed version.

I've lost track of what has happened to it in Japan (I'm sure the first volume has been released, but I'm not sure). Someone here will know.

EDIT: I've remembered the wesbite: http://www.aicanime.com. The third episode of OVA 3 is due in Japan on 27 March 2004.
Isn't the OVA 3 one of the volumes/eps in the Ultimate Collection?
no since not all of it has been released yet even in japan yet from my knowlege so far just the first two episodes of which i've seen and it looks to be a very very promising addition to the tenchi series
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
Isn't the OVA 3 one of the volumes/eps in the Ultimate Collection?

No, the third disc in the Ultimate Collection is the Tenchi Encyclopaedia - an info disc. Unless, of course, there's a new edition out with one of the new episodes included, which I think is unlikely.

Just think: OVA 3 is being released an episode per DVD. It probably won't be finished until towards the end of the year.
"Tenchi Muyo OVA #1: To celebrate their tenth anniversary, Pioneer repackaged the title that put them on the map in the United States from its Ultimate Edition set into four separate volumes."

Tenchi Muyo OVA #1

This is what i got from animeondvd.com review section on R1s dvds.
The OVAs are the episodes in the Ultimate Collection
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
"Tenchi Muyo OVA #1: To celebrate their tenth anniversary, Pioneer repackaged the title that put them on the map in the United States from its Ultimate Edition set into four separate volumes."

Tenchi Muyo OVA #1

This is what i got from animeondvd.com review section on R1s dvds.
The OVAs are the episodes in the Ultimate Collection

Yes, that's correct.

The Ultimate Edition was episodes 1-13 which make up OVA 1 and OVA 2. This was then released as a four DVD collection as your link shows.

Now in Japan they are releasing OVA3 (a direct continuation and the 'true' Tenchi story) and so far episodes 14 and 15 have been released with episode 16 being released this month.
You can also watch the Mihoshi Special and Pretty Sammy OVA Series as well as Pretty Sammy TV Series. To me the Pretty Sammy series were pretty dire... but then i don't like Magical Girl Series.
awesomness thankx for your input dudes