Haibane Renmei
Any FX Haibane Renmei coming out soon?

I heard it's supposed to be similar to Lain. I am not particularly fond of Lain so I'm not going to get the R1s for Haibane w/o watching it on import first....

Btw, is King of Bandit Jing out yet? I saw some websites selling the FX set since February.

MY ANIME
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
Any FX Haibane Renmei coming out soon?

I heard it's supposed to be similar to Lain. I am not particularly fond of Lain so I'm not going to get the R1s for Haibane w/o watching it on import first....

Btw, is King of Bandit Jing out yet? I saw some websites selling the FX set since February.

[b]MY ANIME
[/B]

I didn't like Lain at all. i stopped in the middle of the 2nd episode. But I thought Haibane Renmei was really good. it's only similar in its artwork and style. But other than that, there's not much similarities in the storylines.
King Bandit and Najica were released today aswell as Mahoromatic Season 2 FX

Haibane Renmei FX is coming soon... I will have above 3 in stock next week..

store that was selling it since Feb was selling air
Hehehe......selling air huh? Luckily I did not bother buying from those websites.

YAY! ME FIRM SUPPORTER OF IA FOR IMPORTS!!!! Big Grin :p
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I didn't like Lain at all. i stopped in the middle of the 2nd episode.

Heh...I stopped after watchin 15 mins. Maybe coz I wasn't paying attention. Maybe coz it was boring that's why I didn't pay attention. Big Grin

Hmmmm Haibane is good huh??? I've been wanting to get that R1 set along with King Bandit Jing since January. But I wasn't sure if I'm going to like it.

I'll wait for JJ to stock it and see them b4 deciding...
My cousin made me watch it at first i thought it looked really stupid but now im considering buying it.
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
King Bandit and Najica were released today aswell as Mahoromatic Season 2 FX

damn got Najica but not the perfect collection - no biggy coz i'm only missing out on a dodgy dub i suppose
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
i wouldnt give up on lain ! its my favorite anime, you just have to have patience.it really picks up after a couple of episodes. lain is one of the most thought provoking animes out there
I tried watching Lain again in the last 3 days. I stopped at ep 5..........
no motivation to continue.
I tried watching Lain again in the last 3 days. I stopped at ep 5..........
no motivation to continue.

That's the same thing I did with Excel Saga. I tried giving it a second chance and episode 9 was as far as I got.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
That's the same thing I did with Excel Saga. I tried giving it a second chance and episode 9 was as far as I got.

you certainly got a lot more further than i did. i think its till ep 5. thought it was a good series as i heard people saying it was all good. but it didn't turn out so.

Lain is great so is Haibane Renmei, i got the MI DVD, and already made a review for it. if there is any request for screen shots please do make one, i'll post some.
Excel Saga is ok. Initially, coz of the hype, I bought the R1s without even watching the import set. I thought it is really good since people were so in to it.

It's funny at first but the jokes grew kind of old and I stopped at ep 9. I'll try to rewatch it but not in the near future because I am so busy in school/work and I have other more interesting animes to watch right now.
Heh...I stopped after watchin 15 mins. Maybe coz I wasn't paying attention. Maybe coz it was boring that's why I didn't pay attention. Big Grin

Hmmmm Haibane is good huh??? I've been wanting to get that R1 set along with King Bandit Jing since January. But I wasn't sure if I'm going to like it.

I'll wait for JJ to stock it and see them b4 deciding...

Lain isn't so bad I loved the series but a person needs patience to watch the series. Lain isn't for everyone my friends didn't like the series they usually like action series like VHD:B and Cowboy Bebop.
Lain i never got past the 1st eps. Excel i managed about 3 eps before the disk buggared up but i wasn't too peeved since i found it boring. FLCL i watched but also found it really boring. I think i have very weird tastes, all these animes which are big hits i seem to find boring. :p
I actually enjoyed Lain. I didn't really find it slow at all. I've actually watched the whole series twice. Excel Saga on the other hand took me awhile to really get into it. I forced myself to watch it in the begining, it wasn't until the 18th or 19th episode that I finally started wanting to see the rest of the series.

The only series I couldn't stand and couldn't continue were Reign and Utena. Reign was just horrible and I returned the R1 that someone got me as a Secret Santa present (I had watched the first 3 episodes on AS when it was on). I rented the first two discs of Utena and only got through 2 episodes before giving up on it. I know Utena is pretty popular, so I'm planning to pick up the FX set a couple orders from now (I think there are 20 or so titles ahead of Utena on my list). I'm just waiting for Haibane Renmei and FMP to be released before making my next big order. Hopefully, Utena will be more interesting the second time around (and if not, it will just go on my trade list).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Haibane Renmei (SPOILER ALERT) Cyrus 9 4,658 05-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Cyrus
  Haibane Renmei (FX Boxset) orochi_greg 8 5,007 04-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Last Post: rugrats1
  Haibane Renmei New Remastered Complete Collection HELP Cooper 3 2,430 01-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Last Post: rugrats1
  Haibane Renmei remaster Oxyclean 1 1,679 08-28-2003, 09:04 PM
Last Post: kakomu
  Haibane Renmei: Which Complete Collection? dokool 1 1,776 06-13-2003, 06:53 AM
Last Post: dokool