Which anime do you think has the best dub, and the worse dub ?
best = cowboy bebop
worst = knights of the zodiac
Perfect dubs:
Cowboy Bebop
Noir
FLCL

Great dubs:
ROD TV/OVA
Outlaw Star
Gunslinger Girl
Last Exile

Bad dubs:
Crest of the Stars
.Hack//SIGN
Giant Robo
Samurai X T&B DC
I love good dubs; but so far, the only series with dubs that I can stand to listen to are Bebop, Last Exile, and Hellsing. The Buena Vista Miyazaki dubs are okay (altho Billy Bob Thornton should have been sent packing from Mononoke). Still, even for those, I prefer the subs.

The only anime I absolutely prefer to listen to dubbed is Bebop. So I'd say that's the best.

The worst:
Any Kenshin
Inuyasha
Eva
... the list could on ...
I only watch my Anime subbed unless it's unavailable (Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust)

But of the very few dubs I've seen, I'd say that Miyazaki's 'Castle of Cagliostro' has the best dub (I'm refering to the old Streamline one of course) The voices are perfect, and the first time I ever saw the film it was on VHS and was sub only, no subbed release...

When ever I watch the film now (with the special edition DVD) it's always subbed as orginally intended but every once in a while I still need a fix of that old streamline dub! I hear Manga Video have redone it along with Akira, which makes me sad as it was work that didn't need doing... anyone seen the new dubs and care to comment??

Krooner
Best - I really don't know

Worst - Almost any ADV dub
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Wow, this topic was brought back, so how the hell did I miss it the first time around.

Best Dubs: Akira (Streamline), Ranma, Robotech, and Ronin Warriors.

Worst: Love Hina, GTO, Trigun, and One Piece to name a few.

I think its all a matter of personal taste with me, usually I choose Japanese dub over English dub anyday.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Best

Golden Boy
Cowboy Bebop
Noir (except Hilary Haag)
Hellsing
Now and Then, Here and There

Worst

One Piece
Sister Princess
Naruto
Pokemon
[Image: bl453.png]
Best-Cowboy Bebop movie.

You gotta give extra credit for Excel Saga-she had to talk really fast ;>.

Worst-One Piece. It was so annoying.
[Image: mypic3.gif]
<death ain't so scary>
watch me jump on this bandwagon.

Some of the best are the Fox version of My Neighbour Totoro, Bebop (hard to miss this one), Last Exile and Princess Mononoke (aided by Neil Gaiman's excellent translation of the script).

The first really bad one that jumps to mind is Initial D as much for the poor voice acting as the horrible editing. The voice acting in the most recent release of Akira was really bad too as is the Disney release of Totoro.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Zagatto Wrote:The voice acting in the most recent release of Akira was really bad too.

Yeah I wasn't too keen on that. I think i'll always have a place in my heart for the original dub anyway as I grew up watching it. Also does the US version of the new release have english subtitles and not just dubtitles? I have bought both versions of the crappy UK releases now and none have proper subs! :mad:
good dub- last exile

bad dub- lots of old anime especially old anime movies, oh or naruto just cus they coulda done sooooo much better i mean for a anime that magnitude come on
Cyrus
good dub - x, escaflowne, and street fighter

bad dub - any dragonball, evangelion, or ninja scroll
Well, ok. Yu Yu Hakusho is an immense success (at least on quality level you fucking haters), in no small part to Justin Cook. He was the lead voice (Yusuke) and the Line Producer, which guess is basically the director since when he does the commentating on the DVD eps. he is definitely the guy calling on the shots on it from casting to curtain call. Other than that, Bebop and the Pioneer Lupin the Third both rule.

Ones that are bad are quite frankly too numerous mention. Ones that really piss me off however, are Love Hina, all the raping by 4 kids and Initial D. Number one on my shit list however is of course Naruto. Viz, you can burn in hell.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
i would like to point out that the english voices for evangelion fit the main characters and most of the others very well it's just that they are annoying. But come on asuka is supposed to be annoying as well as bossy and shinji's is really only annoying when he whines (which is a lot but still) lol (i will say shinji's isnt perfect but its not horrible either)

so i guess they do kinda fit cus they are whiny 14 year olds

at least thats what i think.

and as for akira

get the metal box collectors edition its great in just about everything

its about 25 used or 25 if u find a good deal so thats not too bad
Cyrus