Grey - Digital Target
Quote:Originally posted by CrayonShinChan
Horobi is also excellent. Very hard to find though. Did Viz ever release it on Gnovel format?

It is strange that Viz don't like releasing their old stuff on dvd. If they still have the rights to certain titles and there is no complex co-license issues it would make sense to re-release them on dvd like other anime companies.

Unfortunately Horobi never made it to Graphic Novels I think by 1995 Viz lost the license to that and Hellbaby, and Pineapple army. I would love to see the Mermaid collection on dvd R1, but it will probably be Viz releasing Scar and I beleive Animeigo releasing Forrest if the day ever comes. I think next year Windaria will finally be released under a new title by ADV, Now where the hell is Robot Carnival, Neo Tokyo, and Lily Cat?
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Guess i'll have to track down the missing Horobo issues.

The Japanese R2 Neo Tokyo i think has english subs & english dub as the Mac rip of it has it so i'm guessing that is where mac got it from. Kind of like memories... didn't interest me much.
Quote:Originally posted by CrayonShinChan
Guess i'll have to track down the missing Horobo issues.

The Japanese R2 Neo Tokyo i think has english subs & english dub as the Mac rip of it has it so i'm guessing that is where mac got it from. Kind of like memories... didn't interest me much.

I should scan them for you. If I can find where my wife put them. We are having big renovations at the mo... Smile
OK, people, I have just bought the French Grey DVD. And I'm going to make my own english subs for the damn thing, with the help of worldlingo translater. I might only be able to watch it on my PC, but better than nothing :p

Wish me luck - I'm gonna need it...
I've got the R1 VHS tape.
If you want, I can transcribe the translation they used for the dub on that tape. That should be a lot easier than translating French subs.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Transcribe? Gee, that sounds pretty tough and a lot of work for you. Maybe turn it into MP3 with a sound card and I'll do it. Of course, if carl macek had anything to do with the dub it;ll be too embarassing to use :p
I can actually type faster than I can talk so transcribing isn't too much work.
The resulting file would be MUCH smaller too so it wouldn't use up as much of my precious bandwidth on my stupid dial up connection.

I just checked the box and good ol' Carls name doesn't show up anywhere. As much as he butchered a lot of what he got his hands on I still have to make sure he gets recognition for bringing so much of it over here for us to see. Don't forget, his translation of Castle of Cagliostro is actually one of the best available.

The running time is only 80 minutes and I wouldn't mind sitting through it again to type it out for you if you want. Just say the word.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
OK, sounds good.

I'll have to get you a copy of the dvd when I can figure it all out. And if I can find someone with a dvd burner. Either that or DIVX AVI it.

Yeah, Carl did bring a lot of stuff to us. The thing about him that totally pisses me off is how the guy claims he "Directs" these films, when all he did was supervise dubs. I was fuming watching the interview of Yoshiaki Kawajiri on Wicked City, where the REAL Director, Kawajiri, was sitting in front of the English language poster of Wicked City with "DIRECTED BY CARL MACEK" in HUGE font. Asswipe.