Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Grey - Digital Target
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've done a forum search and haven't found anthing else relating to this, so I was wondering if anyone here knows of anything relating to Grey: Digital Target on DVD. From google searching I have established that there is a french version with french subs (French Grey: Digital Target ), and of course the old VIZ VHS (which I had but died last century), but nothing of use to an english speaking only person wanting it on DVD.

Any clues? Or any way to get the french ones and cut my own with english subs :p

I'm a pretty big Tagami fan, and there is not a lot of his about. I have a lot of his manga (including Grey).

French Grey: Digital Target
I've been wondering about this title for a while as well.
My VHS copy is still in prime condition (I've only watched it two or three times) but I wouldn't mind seeing this on DVD.
Grey seems to be one of those overlooked anime titles out there.
Yes, exactly. Stylistically, Tagami was very distinct. First time I saw Cowboy Bebop, I thought wow, now if that isn't Tagami influence what is.

Also regarding the Viz vhs release, I want the original Japanese damn it. I'll probably just get the french version. Can't wait...

Hey, I wonder if this Japanese Kickboxer is the same person? :p
Kickboxing Sensation of Japan
It was also released on manga a long time ago. Worth tracking down for Grey fans. I preferred it to the anime, which i like alot as well.
Yes, the Manga was definitely better, but the film was a good adaptation.

Horobi was excellent also.
Viz doesn't like releasing their older series on DVD, which is apparent with Masion Ikkoku. I've enjoyed their release of Mermaid's Scar on VHS. People actually don't sell VHS anymore so it's hard to come by.
Yeah, I've heard that about viz. We need someone in HK doing an english sub on the french DVD then. Please SadBig Grin
I beleive Streamline co-produced it with VIZ, so that might be part of the problem, because God knows who owns the Streamline stuff anymore.
my mate who works in a comic shop gave me the video of grey (in japanese) for free, but i didnt think much of it.
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
I've enjoyed their release of Mermaid's Scar on VHS. People actually don't sell VHS anymore so it's hard to come by.

I've found the Mermaid Saga (Mermaid no Mori & Mermaid no Kizu) on DVD by Animation Video.. kinda a nice little bit of horror anime... for as short as both segments were...
Horobi is also excellent. Very hard to find though. Did Viz ever release it on Gnovel format?

It is strange that Viz don't like releasing their old stuff on dvd. If they still have the rights to certain titles and there is no complex co-license issues it would make sense to re-release them on dvd like other anime companies.

Mermaids forest and other vhs i've seen on ebay. Often old anime vhs can be got for a pittance.. unless it is some ultra-collectable title...
Quote:Often old anime vhs can be got for a pittance.. unless it is some ultra-collectable title...

...like Starmaker's "The Little Mermaid" for example. In the late 1980s, it sold for about $5 or so at the local drugstore. These days, it's selling on eBay for as high as $35.
Quote:Originally posted by CrayonShinChan
Horobi is also excellent. Very hard to find though. Did Viz ever release it on Gnovel format?

It is strange that Viz don't like releasing their old stuff on dvd. If they still have the rights to certain titles and there is no complex co-license issues it would make sense to re-release them on dvd like other anime companies.

Mermaids forest and other vhs i've seen on ebay. Often old anime vhs can be got for a pittance.. unless it is some ultra-collectable title...

I don't believe Horobi ever got released in Graphic Novel format, just the 64(?) page big format

I bet you'll find Viz is a couple of tired once-fans who don't care too much anymore to bother... Big Grin That's why we need someone to get the French DVD (screenshots look nice) and sub it Smile
Yeah you can buy the Mermaid's Saga on HK but I would like it on R1 because I'm a Takahashi whore. :p
I'll take what I can get, so long as it has english subs that you can understand, and a half decent transfer. Smile
Pages: 1 2