What anime or manga did you guys start with??
I just wanted to know what stuff got everyone else hooked like crystal meth. 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
What got me started was seeing Robot Carnival on TNT late at night years ago and then when I bought Akira on VHS and viewed it for the first time, I was definitely hooked. I must have watched that tape 20 times. I was basically the first person in my town to know what anime was. Tongue
I started with Maison Ikkoku and Ranma 1/2 (thank god for books on the subject). When I first went to my comic book store I was going to buy Kimagure Orange Road OAV but the 2nd volume wasn't there. I had only been watching Rumiko Takahashi anime, that is until I came across Jubei Chan and I started looking into other anime. The rest is history. Since then I've seen more anime, then I can remember.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
speed racer, tranzor z, battle of the planets, robotech and voltron...ya know, the 80's bastardized versions...I was an impressionable kid!
When I got older, I started watching OVAs like Battle Angel, Ghost in The Shell and Akira and then started watching Evangelion....been watching ever since!
"can't be bought, can't be sold"
:TongueRML SCRM:.::.::
Speed Racer is a classic. Wish someone could release it on video (with Japanese audio track with english subtitles) someday.

Hiyas, (a little nervous for being new), but I started liking anime when I first was introduced to Slayers by a friend.
"Sore wa ai ja nai"
"Ai wa sore ja nai(cough cough)"-Excel Saga
ooh wow, that was a while ago...I think it was Dominion: Tank Police, Akira, and Armitage III. Then I went through DBZ stage, and then I realized there were better animes, like Tank Police, Akira, and Armitage III. I was completely against series for some reason until I finally realized the series were the best part. Now I'm here enjoying great animes like Berserk, Trigun, Bebop, Tenchi Muyo!, Record of Lodoss War, Escaflowne, etc.
The first manga I read was Ranma 1/2, then I bought some of the Tenchi Mangas and Galaxy Express 999 mangas.

Man, Anime Kicks ass.
[Image: AASignature.txt]
Please Save My Earth.

I was sick one weekend, and I was lying in bed, trying to find something to watch and I came across it on one of our local PBS stations, KTEH. I watched it, and it surprised the hell out of me because I had hated anime up until that point. I was all "Damn! They made one that doesn't suck!"
I would probably said Dragonball Z. They use to play it on WB early in the morning like at 5:00am (like 10 years ago).
The anime you own, may end up owning you.
Nope, it was like 6:30.

My first anime was DB & DBZ back when it came on fox. Then I think I saw some of 8man, & Slayers. Later I watched Poke'mon, but after the second series it started to kind of suck, so I went back to watching Toonami. And at one point I watched fox family on saturday mornings.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Hahahhahah Mega Man!!!! Yes!!!! Up top!!!! *high fives Batz*

I didn't know Mega Man was anime.
The anime you own, may end up owning you.
Nobody is really sure.

Now who can find the Jade monkey by the next full moon.