Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What anime or manga did you guys start with??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just wanted to know what stuff got everyone else hooked like crystal meth. 8O
What got me started was seeing Robot Carnival on TNT late at night years ago and then when I bought Akira on VHS and viewed it for the first time, I was definitely hooked. I must have watched that tape 20 times. I was basically the first person in my town to know what anime was. Tongue
I started with Maison Ikkoku and Ranma 1/2 (thank god for books on the subject). When I first went to my comic book store I was going to buy Kimagure Orange Road OAV but the 2nd volume wasn't there. I had only been watching Rumiko Takahashi anime, that is until I came across Jubei Chan and I started looking into other anime. The rest is history. Since then I've seen more anime, then I can remember.
speed racer, tranzor z, battle of the planets, robotech and voltron...ya know, the 80's bastardized versions...I was an impressionable kid!
When I got older, I started watching OVAs like Battle Angel, Ghost in The Shell and Akira and then started watching Evangelion....been watching ever since!
Speed Racer is a classic. Wish someone could release it on video (with Japanese audio track with english subtitles) someday.
Hiyas, (a little nervous for being new), but I started liking anime when I first was introduced to Slayers by a friend.
ooh wow, that was a while ago...I think it was Dominion: Tank Police, Akira, and Armitage III. Then I went through DBZ stage, and then I realized there were better animes, like Tank Police, Akira, and Armitage III. I was completely against series for some reason until I finally realized the series were the best part. Now I'm here enjoying great animes like Berserk, Trigun, Bebop, Tenchi Muyo!, Record of Lodoss War, Escaflowne, etc.
The first manga I read was Ranma 1/2, then I bought some of the Tenchi Mangas and Galaxy Express 999 mangas.

Man, Anime Kicks ass.
Please Save My Earth.

I was sick one weekend, and I was lying in bed, trying to find something to watch and I came across it on one of our local PBS stations, KTEH. I watched it, and it surprised the hell out of me because I had hated anime up until that point. I was all "Damn! They made one that doesn't suck!"
I would probably said Dragonball Z. They use to play it on WB early in the morning like at 5:00am (like 10 years ago).
Nope, it was like 6:30.
My first anime was DB & DBZ back when it came on fox. Then I think I saw some of 8man, & Slayers. Later I watched Poke'mon, but after the second series it started to kind of suck, so I went back to watching Toonami. And at one point I watched fox family on saturday mornings.
Hahahhahah Mega Man!!!! Yes!!!! Up top!!!! *high fives Batz*
I didn't know Mega Man was anime.
Nobody is really sure.
Now who can find the Jade monkey by the next full moon.
Pages: 1 2