MI plastic dvd holders
ok, what is the deal with the plastic buttons that MI uses to hold the dvds in the case? how the heck do you get the disc back in? I admit I am totally confused by this. It seems that when the discs are first put in, the button is attached first as a seperate piece and then that piece of plastic is locked into the plastic holder in the gatefold. I can get the button to reclose, but not with the disc in. Is there some trick or do you just have to push really really hard?
I gently put the disc in the holder then I whack it as hard as I can with my fingers until the sucker stays put.
I think getting the disc back in is just luck.
Usually when I watch an MI set nowadays I keep the dvd out of the case until I've finished watching it, then hope it goes back in when I'm done.
I'm deadly afraid of taking the first disc from my Noir part 2 out of the case again, as it it took me a few minutes to get it back in the first time I watched it, heh.

I think what it is though, is the plastic just really really sucks, so it breaks very easily, or the little thing that catches the disc bends, and then does not pull the button closed, when the disc is pushed in.
We interrupt this program to annoy you and make things generally irritating.
If it doesn't close, best thing to do is put the disc in there and then take something like a small flathead screwdriver and gently lift up the plastic from underneath with it. Just give it a little nudge and it will close back up.
i personally rip out those damn bootleg M LOCKS... they're not even real, they're "HK" versions of the official M LOCKS... ugh

just slap your discs in with a yellow stick to buffer the data side of the disc and sandwhich it. no worries, no hassles, just shove it in and sandwhich it up. :mad:
Never is ever forever...

[Image: inuyasha.gif]
oops. i meant yellow sticky notes, like those post its... not yellow sticks... Rolleyes wow, i can't believe its not butta... Big Grin
Never is ever forever...

[Image: inuyasha.gif]
Thank god i thought i was the only one who had that problem
This has happened to me with the two mi sets i have owned, and i for one have simply given up on them. Their packaging is as shoddy as their early sub work. If i have a choice i buy mac or fx
only an mi set if it is a movie.
Those gatefolds are terrible
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
i hate those stupid holders my self, I usually put a index card on top of the dvd so it doesnt move around after I close the box- Ive also used that low stick tape ( blue ) thats use in Painting across the dvd and the tab to hold it- wish they wernt so damn cheap and used better quality stuff, it cant cost that much more to make them a little better. Those Mac ones are the worse ( the ones with no graphics- plain janes ) besides being ugly are usless.
Yeah, I have 2 MI sets (Vandread 2nd Season & Onegai Teacher Complete Collection), and the stupid plastic holders really annoy me. I'm always afraid the DVDs will get scratched moving around the inside of the case. Fortunately, I don't move my DVDs all that much; plus I usually lie the cases flat and stack them on top of each other instead of having them stand straight.

I'm also annoyed at the MAC casing for Giant Robo because whenever I take the DVDs out I'm afraid they're going to break. Sad
I had trouble with them at first too.

My tips are:
Push the disk in and apply from pressure from the back too.
Only the most stubborn will require levering out with tweezers or something. Once levered out leave it for a bit and many times it will now co-operate without levering.

They probably introduced M-Locks due to the disks falling out of the normal holders but shame their quality control is too crap. :p