Who makes these mad cheap One Piece/Bebop sets?
These sets have sprung up all over eBay. I've seen One Piece, Bebop, Shaman King, and a few others. They are all dirt cheap, around $0.75 per DVD (if you don't use buy it now), but so far all the shipping seems to be around $15, but even then that's a huge huge bargain.

Here's the One Piece set I'm eyeing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...gory=41521

Looks like a MI rip, but still surely it wasn't them who repackaged them.....
Maybe it's one of those mainland china rips, I remember someone on the AN forums bought one of Marmalade Boy on ebay. They took the MI set and compressed the DVD9 onto DVD5s. The results were disastrous as you can guess.
hi, yeh they have a hish delivery charge because they dont charge you tax for delivery. so with only 75cents ebay takes off a tiny amount.

whats marmalade boy like? i just bought it
Personally I will never be interested at all to buy cheap HKDVD set because you get what you pay. I would guess the gatefold will be inferior quality comparing to MI/AV/FX/MAC because I've seen a mainland China verison of One Piece. Didn't a lot of ppl complaint when MAC has grey generic gatefolds ;-)?
I've seen those before on ebay and at a flea market. The vendor set up a TV so you could watch a little of the show. I was watching a Trigun set (6 DVD's). The video was alright. I wouldn't reccomend buying them unless you were dying to collect One Peice or Shaman King within two or three set's. If you buy the Cowboy Bebop or Trigun set's, you'd be throwing away your money since the MAC/FX set's are usually just 5 or 6 dollars more and you'd probably want to replace the set's later.
there are so many dvd ripper type programs that if you do a search about 5 of them pop up. Some of the HK stuff doesnot have copyright protection stuff on them so they can easily be ripped. DVD boxes are any where from free ( used ) to 40 cents a piece as well as machines that make color copies- for the labels in the boxes, even their getting dirt cheap- and as far as Screening the picture on the dvd( or possible a CD rip) thats also super easy to do, any high school kid more than likely can have his shop teacher show him how to do a 3 or 4 colr process screen. Im not telling this to get any of you in trouble but copying stuff really isnt that hard- especially if you dont screen the cds ( or dvd.s )
depends. If you copy 3 DVD-9s onto 6 DVD-5s, you have more than enough space. Trigun MI was also a bit better than Trigun FX, and I saw it at a 1:1 disc ratio. Plust the MI set was already 6 Discs. Other sets might be a little different.
Apparently the Berserk set from that company has cuts in it, posted somewhere by someone.

I have tried other mainland sets and the quality is definitely not as good as the HK sets. You get what you pay for i guess.