Lord of the Ring 3, UTTER CRAP
Peter Jackson is very interested in making a Hobbit film. He just has one roadblock....Christopher Tolkien. Christopher still holds the rights for any future Hobbit property. He simply thinks that The Hobbit wouldn't translate well to the big screen (I tell him watch Lord of the RingsWink Wink ). The only reason we have the Lord of the Rings series is because J.R.R Tolkien sold the rights to the movies before his death (for a measly 10,000 pounds). Personally I would love to see Smaug in the theater.Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
I completely disagree.

just to clear this up
i meant the thing about you thinking its over and then having it kept on going. not the movie as a whole, i was in a rush while i was typing this.
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......
THERE ARE MAD KILLERS OUT THERE!!!

[Image: optimisticox.jpg]
Well... I saw Return of the King with a group of my friends the other night and I have to say that I spent half the movie picking my jaw up off the floor. I have never seen anything with even half the scope of this movie before.

I actually wanted to see more of the loose ends from the other movies tied up which means that I have to wait till next year for the extended version to be released.

My local friends said that I'm not allowed to bring JJ out for beer if he ever comes down this way. They all felt very strongly that Return of the King is a masterpiece of cinetography and anyone who can call ROTK "UTTER CRAP" isn't welcome.

Fortunately, I don't base my friendships on one or two opinions no matter how wrong they may be so I'll still have that beer with JJ if I ever get the chance.

I will say that as a stand alone movie, ROTK isn't something that I would recommend. It would be like watching the final five episodes of either of the first two Kenshin story arcs without watching all the build up that precedes them. If you compare the three movies to an anime TV series, you will find that there are a lot of similarities in the overall structure that make it harder and harder to get into the story without watching the early episodes.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I finally saw it, and I'd have to disagree. It did go on FOREVER (I just wanted it to end at lots of points) but once it's over I really liked it.

I never read/don't want to read the books, so I'm somewhat of the lowest kind of fan who would see the movie, and I enjoyed it. I just wish so much extra crap was included at the ending. Couldn't they just leave that for the extended version?

I reccomend it highly, but I'm sure as hell not seeing it twice. 3 1/2 hours is waaaaay too long.
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
I I just wish so much extra crap was included at the ending. Couldn't they just leave that for the extended version?

No, they couldn't. That is how the book ended as well. So they had to end it properly and in the same fashion as the books.
So many comments to make now that I've seen the movie. But, I'm still in shock from seeing it. So I shall post two names and see if anyone else remembers seeing them -- because they were there. Elladan and Elrohir.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
The Last Samurai > ROTK. Smile
I thought it was great, and I would explain, but I think you guys did a pretty good job of summing it up for everyone already.
The monkey with the most
Ok I got to see the movie while i was home for the holidays (oh i'm back nice to see you guys too) Here is my dime and 2 cents (inflation) Look the movie in terms compared to any other movie based on a book (including the Harry Potter books) went far and above the stander oh well at least the plot is the same group. He did this movie for the fans and i am glad. He has gotten a whole new age intrested in these 4 great books.

Was it long yes. Are the books long (god forbid they are longer) I could care less if you liked it or not but at least respect it. How many times do you read oh well the book was better, different, ended wrong, or what ever (good example Hannibal) This stayed true to the book (for the most part) and the Extended DVD's really cover all the ground.

I enjoyed and now lie in wait for the next HP movie
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
My god, Hannibal... that movie was such a pile of elephant excrement.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
My god, Hannibal... that movie was such a pile of elephant excrement.

The book wasn't really all that great either.

Want to talk about a bad book -> movie conversion? American Psycho. The book was awsome, if not a little too grusome at times, but the movie just sucked. It took parts of the book, in random order, and tossed them together as a movie. Bleh.
I keep meaning to read American Psycho and The Rules of Attraction. Maybe one day I will get to them.Wink
Return of the King is awesome.

Joe, it's one of those things where "If you think there is something wrong with the Mona Lisa, there's probably something wrong with you, not the painting."

Oh man, I can't wait for the extended edtion GOD, IT WILL BE ALMOST 5 HOURS AWESOME!

The movies long, because the books are long, deal with it. It reminds me of the time I walked out of Fellowship and somebody was saying, "GOD THAT MOVIE DIDN'T END IT SUCKED." I just smirked gaara style and walked home happily cognizant.

Joe, do you have a ps2? Totally play the return of the king game, there are no BS scenes just good ol hack and slash baby!
Quote:Originally posted by Gireihei
Oh man, I can't wait for the extended edtion GOD, IT WILL BE ALMOST 5 HOURS AWESOME!

In a more recent interview, Peter Jackson said 4:15
badass,

although i'd probably still say that if it was only 10 minutes longer LoL.

god, im a stupid fanboy -.-