The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Lord of the Ring 3, UTTER CRAP - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Babble (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Lord of the Ring 3, UTTER CRAP (/thread-2188.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Lord of the Ring 3, UTTER CRAP - JunkieJoe - 12-17-2003

Before this day, I never knew that such crap could have ever made it to a theatre, not to mention at the cost of 300 million dollars, 3 hours and 30 mins later, the movie is not over, and I walked out.... I could not take the agony of such crap, pulling teeth was more enjoyable.

I know that I can stop any of you from go seeing, just a warning,

LOTR3 is on my #1 worst movie list now.

Lord of the Ring 3, UTTER CRAP - sanosuke - 12-17-2003

come on, it wasnt that bad Big Grin

you shitting me man ;p they should have cut the movie, atleast fast forwarded some scenes, they were needlessly slow, maybe they were going for the Matrix Bullet time effect but didnt quiet make it...

I think in horror what this movie will be like when they will release their Extended Edition Box set next Xmas, what a torture this movie was...

Lord of the Ring 3, UTTER CRAP - Shinn Asuka - 12-17-2003

Funny, every other review I've seen so far was the exact opposite. Tongue

Pure Genius was what I heard. Have you sat through the books? THOSE are torture.

I have no respect for those reviewers, they are idiots, they diss good movies and they premote bad ones..

they said Last Samurai sucked.... those people should be shot

Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
I have no respect for those reviewers, they are idiots, they diss good movies and they premote bad ones..

they said Last Samurai sucked.... those people should be shot

These reviewers are some of my best friends -- people you don't even know. Bashing them without knowing exactly who I'm talking about [considering I never even look at professional reviews] is pointless.

And the only one who said anything bad about The Last Samurai, so you know, was a Japanese History major and noly found the movie's bad parts to be errors. Tongue

Lord of the Ring 3, UTTER CRAP - DARK OSAMU - 12-17-2003

An opinion is an opinion. I LOVED the Return of the King. Kakoi and I saw it at the first midnight showing. I loved it but I can see why JJ hates it. And yes, I am still reading the Fellowship...just started a week ago BTW...And it really is Torture!!!

Lord of the Ring 3, UTTER CRAP - Ka-Talliya - 12-17-2003

Be thankful you did get to see it!!!!!
I'm stuck in Japan, where it will not be released unitl SPRING!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?!?! SPRING!!!!!

Granted, I can go see it in one of those dinky military base theaters, but that's just not going to work!!!!!!

Lord of the Ring 3, UTTER CRAP - DARK OSAMU - 12-17-2003

I'd see it anyway! It'd be like 20 bux anyhow when it does get there!

Suzakuseikun, dont give me this cry baby talk about your friends say it was great and that justd because they say its good I cant diss the movie, the movie sucked, it should have been 1 hour and 45 mins long, not 3 hours and 45 mins long

its pulling teeth at the extreme,

Eh, it was still 3+ hours. I'm not saying you can't diss it -- go ahead -- I'm just saying that not everyones opinions are going to match yours and that doesn't give you the right to call them idiots.

I apologise to those who read my comment before I thought better about it. It was uncalled for.

first of all when i said that about reviewers I ment Reviewers, not your friends, your friends can like other crap for what i care,

I was refering to people like Ebert etc etc

http://movies.go.com/movies/L/lordoftheringsthereturnofthekingthe_2000/index.html

average rating is 5 out of 5 for this movie and its just further proof that there is some kind of conspiracy where u pay the right people money to get good reviews... movie sucked... if you like it, fine, I say the movie sucked...

Lord of the Ring 3, UTTER CRAP - Vicious - 12-17-2003

I've read the books. And parts of it were hard to get through. But I still read all of them, because there were alot of great parts as well. I'm trying to wait until the rush dies down some. I hate watching movies when the theatres are packed.

By the way JJ, why'd you go watch this movie at the midnight showing on opening night? I mean in order to be that big a fanatic, you had to have seen the 1st 2 movies and liked them correct? So you should have expected more of the same.

lol are you kidding? I would not go see any movie at midnight, I am not crazy... I find it stupid how people camp out in front of theatres... wait a day or 2 and go see a movie in a half empty theatre instead of camping out for weeks to be first in line lol

i saw the movie at 1pm.. had time to waste... didnt really care much for that movie but figured might aswell finish the series... I should have went to see Time Line, which was rated bad by those reviewers (and most likely Suzaku's friends) so thats just more encourangement that hte movie is good, at least its better than LOTR3

Vicious, u must see the movie to understand my frastration with it... the movie drags on and on and on and when u think its over, it keeps draggin on.. (whats when I get up and leave)

Actually, none of my friends went to see Time Line [that I know of] but it's on my list of things to see. I hope it's good -- it looks decent enough.