Mario Kart DD
When is it released? I went to Hastings yesterday to find it, but it wasn't there.

Now, Mario Part 5.... TODAY!! HELL YEAH!
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
[B]When is it released?

Fri 14 November. (UK) Games and cinema films are always released on Fridays - it's only DVDs and albums that are released on Mondays.
Sorry to double post, but I just bought the PAL version - complete with golden slipcase - and it doesn't f@cking work with Freeloader!:mad:

I guess I have to wait (one whole week) for the US version.
Damn that blows!:mad: I gotta wait for it anyway, because of the christmas budget.:mad:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
l have to say its rather average.....
Quote:Originally posted by yakumo
l have to say its rather average.....

A few magazines went ape over it, but EDGE gave it 5/10 and the usually high-rating happy IGN gave it an just above average score. Therefore, I haven't bought the US version yet.

The PAL version of the game won't work on a US Cube with FreeLoader 1.06b, but will work with versions 1.04 and 1.06B. I asked Datel if I could upgrade my FreeLoader - I was willing to pay a little - and they replied saying they weren't offering upgrades, but I did have the opportunity to buy the new version from the website. Wow! What an offer! These days it would actually make more sense to buy a PAL Cube to get hold of budget/second-hand games rather than new versions of FreeLoader.

Anyway, I found this site which might be of help for FreeLoader owners regardless of what region Cube they own. http://www.chrismarshall.net/freeloader/
l hear 1080 is disappointing as well
So far i have been really liking Mario Kart.. Maybe its because i am loyal but i think its better then the Mario Kart 64... But i haven't been able to play multiplayer yet so i don't know how that works.. Which i really didn't like in Mario Kart 64 with only 4 boards.. got old fast..
Well I am in those groups that ask the question how much better can you make a game that so many Mags said was perfrect back in it's first creation. Gamepro gave Mario Kart a 9.5 when it came out on the SNES.

The whole idea and gameplay are still intact. From what I have read and heard from Schultz, The biggest improvements are in the 2 player mode. Wow being able to play with a friend and not trying to beat him but working together and the graphics.

My true insight is on this point though... What is different between Need for Speed, Burnout, and GRand Trusmo... Not a lot. You can argue all you want that in this one you can do this and in this one you have boost...blah blah blah... They all come down to the simple gameplay value that they are driving games. It is why Twisted metal was such a huge shot the series. Instead of driving around in a huge circle (if it has laps it's a circle) you drove around and shot each other.

Give me a reason to buy a game if the hook is there so will the majority.
NFS you got to be a cop. Burnout is all about speed and over the hill crashes. Gran Trans is all about simulation. Nascar is Nascar. Mario Kart is Mario Charcters in twisted metal match up with laps. Good enough for me.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
l simply feel the game is poor in relation to the N64 version

1.No hop

2.Tracks are way too short

3.No control over jumps

4.AI cheats like crazy

5.Come 2nd or 3rd in the first 2 races and u have no chance of winning a gold cup

6.Not as vindictive, more emphasis on racing