Fruits Basket
are there any plans on making an R1 rip of fruits basket?
I asked that before and got the reply that Fruits Basket is from Funimation. So don't get your hope high for a R1 rip.
Funimation putting the F U in fun!!! bunch of greedy ass suckers!!
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
Funimation putting the F U in fun!!! bunch of greedy ass suckers!!

They're a company. They're not out to "give anime to people for cheap prices." They've got to make money and they've got families to feed too.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
... well its not like all the other companies that hks rip dont have families to feed... but funimation is f*cked up cuz they have a nasty habit of tweaking around the story by using innaccurated dubs and uncalled for efits... even in their "uncuts". But i dont understand why wont people make rips of FUNi stuff, cuz i was really hoping someone would rip yyh once it is completly released...
Quote:Originally posted by LordMelkor
But i dont understand why wont people make rips of FUNi stuff, cuz i was really hoping someone would rip yyh once it is completly released...

Because companies like Funi scan re-seller websites and eBay looking for rips of their products and unleash the lawyers. I believe Animeniacs had its collar felt by Funi.
shit that sux!
Import Anime doesn't stuff that Funimation has licensed also.

They paid good money for their licenses so they do have the right to protect them. What I quite don't understand is that you call Funimation fucked up but you want to see a HK company rip their DVDs.
... but funimation is f*cked up cuz they have a nasty habit of tweaking around the story by using innaccurated dubs and uncalled for efits... even in their "uncuts". But i dont understand why wont people make rips of FUNi stuff, cuz i was really hoping someone would rip yyh once it is completly released...

If you think their products are so shitty, why are you waiting around for copies of them? Just dig up some fansubs and call it a day.
Also, after first watching a fansub of fruits basket episode 1, then watching the currently available boxsets version of episode 1, and then watching the official Funimation version, I would have to say that if the fansub is indeed accurate then Funi did a pretty damn nice job. I didn't notice any major changes, although admittedly it was only the first couple of episodes on the dvd.
... well its not like all the other companies that hks rip dont have families to feed... but funimation is f*cked up cuz they have a nasty habit of tweaking around the story by using innaccurated dubs and uncalled for efits... even in their "uncuts". But i dont understand why wont people make rips of FUNi stuff, cuz i was really hoping someone would rip yyh once it is completly released...

Are you saying this because you feel DBZ was ripped to shreds? If you watched the DBZ DVDs, you'd see that they are presented in their entirety, as well as just about any other Funi series released out there, including Blue Gender, Fruits Basket and YYH.
Quote:Originally posted by Suzakuseikun
They're a company. They're not out to "give anime to people for cheap prices." They've got to make money and they've got families to feed too.

I think we all have families to feed, well most of us anyway. I know they are a company that loves to suck that money out of you. By today's standards a dvd should hold 5 to 6 episodes unlike the DBZs and not charge you 40 bucks for 6 to 7 episodes like the Fruits Baskets. I have been buying anime for a long time now since animeigo and US renditions first started pumping stuff out, and if I want to save some money by getting the HK releases, then I will. So it really sucks to see a very rich(Don't think they aren't making dough of those DBZ, GT episodes) company like these guys trying to put a stop to this market. I think Mrfreeze is talking about the missing episodes from the first two seasons of DBZ and the whole first 13 episodes missing from DBGT.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
And they put out the cash to license the anime from Japan, to get it here, to do what needs to be done, dub it, sub it, etc. They pay money to own the series, and with that they have the rights to protect their investment. If you don't like what they're doing, then buy the HKs, but don't complain you're not seeing an R1 rip of a set that you were too cheap to buy to begin with.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Quote:Originally posted by evilomar
I think we all have families to feed, well most of us anyway. I know they are a company that loves to suck that money out of you. By today's standards a dvd should hold 5 to 6 episodes unlike the DBZs and not charge you 40 bucks for 6 to 7 episodes like the Fruits Baskets.

How many other series out there are putting more than 3-4 Episodes per DIsc? ADV sure doesn't (they put 5 on one DVD and the rest will be 3 or 4), Pioneer isn't (X TV is 24 episodes @ 8 DVDs). Bandai does for their really long series...But for the rest of their series', they're putting the regular 6 DVD full series sets, which sort of defeats the purpose of having those initial high episode counts... The only example I can really think of having a consistent high count of episodes would be Manga's FOTNS DVDs @ 7 episodes per DVD. As for Fruits Basket's steep price, it costs $160 total for 26 episodes, which seems to be a fairly normal new series price...and even then, if you do the smart thing and check DVD Price Search, you'd find that they're as cheap as $28 with Free Shipping. Last but not least, if you bother to check out the newer DBZ DVDs, they're done very well as well. I don't even find the Dub as grating as it used to be (Freeza saga), they're also completely uncut, with Japanese Track, good subtitles, etc etc etc.

I think you need to stop Funi Bashing as it seems to be completely unfounded.
Quote: I think Mrfreeze is talking about the missing episodes from the first two seasons of DBZ and the whole first 13 episodes missing from DBGT. [/B]

I'm assuming you're talking about the first 56 episodes or so that were edited. Those were done by Pioneer and tehir license has finally expired on that, so Funi picked it up and is redubbing them and releasing them uncut. AS for DBGT, Funi said at the very beginning that they would release the entire series, but they just wanted to do it out of order.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fruits Basket Perfect Collection? Kaze 7 3,528 11-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Kaze
  Fruits Basket FX Terrex 12 5,510 12-22-2003, 07:05 AM
Last Post: CrayonShinChan
  Fruits basket HK dvd vegeto626 1 2,276 11-15-2002, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Steve_the_Talking_Pie