Poll: How do you like your steak cooked?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Burned beyond black
4.35%
1 4.35%
Well Done
21.74%
5 21.74%
Medium Well
17.39%
4 17.39%
Medium
8.70%
2 8.70%
Medium Rare
30.43%
7 30.43%
Rare
13.04%
3 13.04%
Sliced off the cow and served on a plate
4.35%
1 4.35%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How do you like your steak cooked?
Quote:Originally posted by Tripp
Oh you're missing out on the good life Mr. Junkie Joe ^_^. Man Sushi is great stuff. Not all sushi is raw you know. They have this one sushi that has fried crab in it. It's called spider roll..oh man it's so good. Though I have to admit that if you're living on a budget sushi might not be the way to go. It's kinda expensive, and I guess it depends on where you go to, but you can tell cheap sushi from good sushi.

Ack Sushi is disgusting.. Alot of people like the sushi house here off base but i can't stand it..
First off My steak runs right up the middle as medium well and with a dab of garlic butter. As for the Sushi and what not... Look after being here in Okinawa for two years I can tell you I have had my fill of Rice, Curry, and Soba.... But I will never get enough of Okonomiyaki it sometimes refered to as Japanese Pizza but it is anything but pizza. I can't eat the tradtional one very often because i am allergic to something in it... squid I believe. But I order up a Bouta Okonomiyaki and I am good to go... (that would be a pork Okonomiyaki for those who are wondering) Oh and Schultz can't forget Yoishnoua's...
I meant to add this link... hey Schultz if this get's to far off could you sperate the two threads thanks...
http://www.greggman.com/japan/okonomiyak...miyaki.htm
Oh..if only I could just let you taste the spider roll from Sugami's, it'd change your mind. I know a lot of people that hate sushi and won't eat any of it, but everyone that we take to Sugami's was able to eat the spider roll. Too bad it's like the most expensive one on the menu. It's like 10 dollars for a roll...mad money. The spider roll is more like eating sticky rice with fried crab. It's just rolled up instead of in a bowl. Now if you don't like rice then of course you're not going to like sushi, though I think you're just strange =P. I eat almost any sushi except for the caviar and the sea urchin, those have way too much of an ocean taste for my liking.
If you are reading this, you obviously have nothing better to do with your time.
To me, sushi is really gimmicky. It's like taking a regular Chinese or Japanese dish and making it bite sized. Sine it's bite siezed, it therefore is insanely more expensive. Eating the same meat in a piece of sushi in a bowl of rice rather than a little bit sized roll is all the same to me. Point being, the mere fact that it's sushi doesn't make it taste and better or worse to me. On another note, I don't typically eat much regular fish (I eat a little shell fish), but smoked salmon is really good with the rice seaweed and soy sauce.

also, another thing about steak, the more you cook it, the less flavor there is, well, at least the less desireable flavor. There's the charred flavor, but that's not really that good.
I agree with you on some points. Eating sushi usually means gathering socially. I wouldn't go eat sushi by myself on a whim unless I really really wanted some. I go maybe 2 or 3 times a month but that's about it. My friend also works at this place called Yamato's and since he works there I get mad hook ups on food, so I don't mind going there to eat sushi. Sushi does have it's own flavor. If you want it good and cheap then you're gonna have to learn to make it on your own heh. If not then you gotta fork the dough no matter how gimmicky it is.
If you are reading this, you obviously have nothing better to do with your time.
I like sushi...it is expensive though, so I don't get to eat it too often. As for the steak i like mine medium.
The monkey with the most
I dig some Sushi as well, just the way I like my human.... very rare
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I love sushi, except for the Wasabi. Big Grin Sometimes I wonder why is sushi kind of expensive here. Back home, I can eat sushi 3 times a day, everyday, without breaking a back/burning a hole in my pocket, at a respectable restaurant. Dohzz......only 1 Japanese restaurant near my place and it sucks + food is americanised. Went once and never again.
I like my steak medium rare. I like the outside to be cooked but when I cut it, ooooooooooooo....love to see the blood oozing out. Love the taste of blood too. Rare does not really suit me that well coz it just well, don't really taste right. Smile
medium-rare sounds good to me, i prefer pizza though
see you space cowboy...
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
I love sushi, except for the Wasabi.

I love the wasabi...the hotter the better i always sayWink
The monkey with the most
Smile Medium Rare with a big pile of mushrooms fried in butter,and a big fat potatoe with butter and sour cream- and a cold Labatts aleCool Puzzleguy:eek:
As rare as it can be. Personally, I'm inbetween right off the cow and rare Smile
[Image: Cast7.txt]
Vinny, your my hero!!
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
As for the steak... Cut the head off, then cut the tail off, throw it in a warm room for a few and serve..

as for the sushi, I prefer maki rolls as opposed to sashimi, tried some "saba" (mackerel) once and it got stuck going down... Although I do like most of it with the exception of "uni" (sea urchin, get the feeling i'm sucking down snot) and "tako" (octopus, waaay to chewy)

-Zero