which is the best anime in your collection and why?
To me Vampire Princess Miyu and Rurouni Kenshin because it hooked me up to anime. And I don't mean the Kenshin Cartoon Network(Hellswork) version! HELL NO!! I bought the fansubs almost six years ago. But I like better the OVAs, the past and future of Kenshin (to me that is anime drama and action to the fullest). Other anime I have and I like best are is Hellsing. The other I like and recomend are movies like Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Blood: the last vampire, Ghost in the Shell, Perfect Blue, Sin: The Movie, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
My absolute 2 favorites I couldn't live without are Berserk and Riding Bean Rules The Rode. Becasue Beserk is the greatest anime ever and Riding Bean flat out Rules!!!! I couldn't part with my Tekkeman Blade set either. SciFi at it's best!!!
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
In my collection I would say it is a dead heat between all of these:

Trigun
Berserk
Dragonball
One Piece

How could you pick just one favorite out of your colletion!?Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Mine is my Evangelion 8 dvd box-set, because it's the only official series release set i've got. I found out about HKDVD's a couple of weeks after and haven't bought a complete official series sinds (I have bought a lot of official movies though). In hkdvd's it has to be Hellsing FX becuase of the beatiful packaging and it's just a great series.
I agree! Hellsing on FX! What a tight little release! Everything about it just kix so much booty! Great extras, beautiful animated menus, English Dub Rocks! Smile Wondaful!
God, that's a toughie. My MI Card Captor Sakura, AS Kare Kano, and MI Maison Ikkoku sets are all up there for actual content.. For packaging, it's the FX Fushigi Yugi Boxes.. And there's a special place in my heart for my R1 Kimagure Orange Road box as well. But they're all my treasures so it's really hard to pick only a few. =)
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^
I am particularly fond of : Cowboy bebop
Irresponsible captain tylor ( series not ova )
Lain
Haibane renmei ( present favorite )
Witch hunter Robin

Keep smilin on the sunny side - Puzzleguy

Big Grin
Rurouni Kenshin, and Ranma!

Kenshin for the rich characters and amazing storyline and Ranma because is hilarious!
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Eh.... everything's my favourite! Saber Marionette Limited Ultimate Collection, Tenchi Muyo Ultimate Collection + Tenchi Muyo In Space, Vampire Princess Miyu Ultimate Set, Record of Lodoss War + Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, Boogiepop Phantom, Knight Hunters and Fushigi Yuugi. Rurouni Kenshin + Samurai X Ovas. These are all R1s sets. Darn freaking expensive so they have to be my favourites!
Vampire Princess Miyu and Tenchi Muyo are the very first animes I had watched years ago. They were the ones which superglued me to animes. Tenchi Muyo is funny. As for Vampire Princess Miyu, it is sad. ... heheh have a penchant for tragedy.
Wahaah Saber Marionette is a favourite, not just it's an awesome series, it's also because it's limited edition. Maybe I could pass it down as a family heirloom. :p
Boogiepop Phantom has extensive character developments. The story is unusual to the point that it's weird. Derange, twisted and dark.
Record of Lodoss War + Chronicles of the Heroic Knight have good stories. Just that Chronicles is so long that certain parts do get a tiny tat boring.
Fushigi Yuugi, like one of the replies posted above, is good because it has a bit of everything.
Rurouni Kenshin: Fantastically funny, great character developments and man...I love the bloody scenes. Big Grin Big difference from what you watch from CN. The OVAs: Tragic! I love tragedies!
Berserk Series It's the only series i bought one after the other insted of getting sidetracked like i do with the other series i collected
Saber Marionette J Ultimate Edition Box Set. It was signed by the co-creator and there are only 5000 of them in the world. I've got #1315. Woot!!!! The Box is super sturdy and has 14 discs in 7 double disc amaray cases. Smile
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
Saber Marionette J Ultimate Edition Box Set. It was signed by the co-creator and there are only 5000 of them in the world. I've got #1315. Woot!!!! The Box is super sturdy and has 14 discs in 7 double disc amaray cases. Smile

I actually cancelled my preorder after watching the HK for it. That show is not worth that much money to me.
It's hard to pick the best anime out of my collection, but I'd have to say that the top 2 would have to be Cowboy Bebop, because Bebop just has that style to it that makes it stand above the rest, and Rurouni Kenshin OVAs, because that OVA series pretty much blows away the competition. In but 4 episodes you get a broad view of Japan at that era and certain depth for the characters in such a short amount. The Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Ranma 1/2 come in a close third. The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, because I love the laid back attitude the captain portrays and the whole question to whether he's actually a genius or just a lucky idiot. Ranma 1/2 is just funny. Everyone I know, even the people that don't watch anime or criticize it as being kid's stuff cause it's animation thought Ranma 1/2 was funny, and actually kept watching it.
If you are reading this, you obviously have nothing better to do with your time.