Help a classic series get released in the US
If they could knock it down to the price Animeigo made me pay for my Macross dvd set, I'm sold.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I think $1,900 is WAY too steep for a DVD set. Espcially if it's just 110 episodes.
Quote:Originally posted by kitano
I think $1,900 is WAY too steep for a DVD set. Espcially if it's just 110 episodes.

I posted a link earlier in this thread which contained the following quote:

Contrary to information announced originally, the price of the English-language release will be competitive with current market prices for anime DVD?s in the US, although no exact price point was made available at this time. Both Ishiguro and Kikakuwa are aware that requiring American fans to commit to purchasing the entire series would be a very difficult proposition. Accordingly, the current survey available online is meant to simply gauge interest in a US release.
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^
Even if it was $2000.. they'd prob discount it or release a cheaper version later on. So no harm in getting them to release it. Big Grin
I beleive the set is down to $1,649 now, but they expect more people to keep preordering them.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
thats a great idea, I would love to sign this petion but it appears that i would be giving my word to buy something that Ive never seen at a price I cant afford. If it was put in 5-6 eps per disc, i would definitely buy one to see wether i liked the series or not. I love buying the R1's over the HK rips , there always better. Its always a good idea to support the folks that do the dubbing, its very pricy for them to do and they have to have it worth their time for all the trouble they go threw. i know ive boughten HK rips, but ive boughten on average more R1 stuff. My only complaint is that they only are putting 3-4 episodes per disc which I think makes having a copy of episodes to pricey- Id like to see 5-6. By the way recently some of the titles have been coming way down in price , an example is " arcadia of my youth " which is around 13 bucks ( for R1 ) and others are soon following. Even thou you folks buy some HK stuff, please dont forget the folks that made them possible. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by pchmura
There aren't going to be HKs. MI owns the rights to the R3s and I'm sure they won't stand for bootlegs wven if they are bootleggers.

Probably will be cheaper than $1925 though.
Is this true? If so elaborate please.
I wouldnt bet my life on that- i heard that about Blue gender, FLCL and others- that they did make bootlegs of, they said they couldn't. Im sure Import-Anime or Animaniacs wont sell them but I wouldn't bet the other dozen or so folks wont. Personnaly I think there beliefs should be honored, but Ive seen alot of weird stuff duplicated in China - from knock off car parts , etc- Dont put anything past these folks.Cool
Done and Done.
*edited*

will ban next time
<a href="http://elotroladodelburro.tripod.com">Website</a>
NANDAI????:confused:
Are you cussing Puzzleguy or Gireihei???
Besides...if they don't pirate something they own the rights to...SOMEONE will make V-CDs and Fan-Subs somewhere out there.
Maybe.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
I would sign it but I read the whole part about promising to buy it. I don't have that kind of cash for one series Sad
There already are bootlegs of it out now, the whole series, and the movies and OVAs. $2000 bones is ridiculous. Even $500 bones is ridiculous. All the eps on 46 dvds, while the HK set has 110 eps on 16 dvds, its stupid to pay so much for so little. I like the series, i had it fansubbed, then got the HK set, and i still like it, but there's no way i'd pay $1000, thats just crazy as hell.

The Dagg
I was gonna fill out the survey, but the site was in mantinence, so i guess ill just buy it when it comes to states. Whoever is making it should release it in a boxset, with a very attactive art design for it!!Big Grin
Animes I Own:

~Hellsing
~Chobits
~Read or Die
~D.N. Angel
~Last Exile
~X
~Love Hina
~Onegai Teacher
~Ninja Scroll