Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Help a classic series get released in the US
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Welp, it's hard to get an R1 rip if there's no R1, isn't there? Wink The producer of Legend of the Galactic Heroes wants to know if there's enough interest to release this title in the US. If 1500 people fill out this survey then they'll start work on a US release. We can help out. Please click on the link, fill out the survey, and let's make it happen. Respond to this thread once you finish filling out the survey. Let's help make this happen, guys. =)

LoGH Survey
just filled it in, I'm in the Uk though but hope that doesn't matter
Already filled mine out buddy. ^_^
Wright Staff Co., Ltd. of Japan, the international licensors of the space opera anime Legend of the Galactic Heroes are seeking input from North American fans interested in the show. The gigantic 47 disc DVD collection of 110 episodes, 54 side story episodes, 3 movies and 2 discs of bonus material is scheduled for Japanese release next March at 231,000 yen. If at least 1500 North American fans express interest in purchasing the entire DVD collection at an estimated price of approximately $1,900 (roughly $40 per DVD), a subtitled version of the DVD collection will be produced for North American release. The set is expensive, but English speaking fans may never have another opportunity to own an official English language translation of this epic saga.
Fill it out. You can't be forced to buy it. I just hope it comes out in installments. One big release is terrible.
filled out and on it's way to 1500... he he
I don't know the series, & was going to fill it out anyways, bt when I read the whole line about you promise to buy it, ehh, I can't make promises I can't keep, but technically if it's really good I can promise to get it, then just buy HK, so is it any good?
Filled it out.... Now to wait:p
aint nobody gonna pay 2 grand for any dvd box set! the HKs would cost less than a tenth of the price, and although im not in the us its still cool to see more anime getting out of japan.
There aren't going to be HKs. MI owns the rights to the R3s and I'm sure they won't stand for bootlegs wven if they are bootleggers.

Probably will be cheaper than $1925 though.
I bet the good folks at AS will rip the MI R3 set if it ever comes out, hehe

I filled out the survey but I don't think I'll ever drop 2000$ on a series
Thanks guys! More news about this series from Anime Expo.. And the fantastic announcement that the series will be priced competatively.. This doesn't mean it'll be cheap but it certainly means it won't be 2 grand! And... We're a third of the way there already! Tell your friends! Make em fill out the survey! =)

Anime Expo news link from Anime News network
just filled it out, probably wont buy it, to much $$$ for this man.
OK, done! Now to wait. Beacause for all good things come for those who wait. I hope the series become release in a box set. And the price has to be a lot cheaper than $1,925.
Done! Same as above, hopefully it comes out as a box set. Too expensive to buy one volume at a time. Don't really have the patience to wait a couple of months for each volume too
Pages: 1 2