Anyone else think FX SUCKS at packaging?
Well it seems MAC is now switching over to gatefolds with artwork and a clear plastic slip case the last 4-5 sets I got from them all had artwork.

The artwork is good on most of them but the cardboard and the printing in the interior of the gatefold looks and feels cheap. The plastic slipcase is also very tight on the gatefold. Its a bitch to put them back on.

Of course its better than generic gatefolds
basically i agree with everybody, i dont give a fuck if box art is dodgy cause im savin a fortune on ording R1s, but if the art is nice then "sweet deal!"
Wow talk about some views... look it would be great if every bootleg disk came looking like it should be on the floor of the next E3 show, but then it wouldn't feel right. Nice packaging... forget it. Give me my anime in pure uncensored form, with good subs and it could come in a paper bag for all I care...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
I don't see why everyone is upset about a comment on packaging. It is a fairly important aspect of the set. Why else would a huge portion of review comment on the packaging. FX R1 rips are great [except for that annoying pixelation problem they seem to have] and great packaging is a welcome complement to the set. I agee that FX packaging was lacking in some of their older sets [such as Ranma, Escaflowne, and Trigun] and their newer sets [Record of Lodoss War OVA], but IMO, they are improving with sets like Hellsing and Fushigi Yuugi. If you don't like the FX artwork, you should look into the MI - FX rips, some of the Gatefold artwork on their sets seem to be worlds better than their FX counterparts.

On a side note, I hope AV starts to bring out slipcase sets again, the GTO cover was so freagin awsome.
Wai!