Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anyone else think FX SUCKS at packaging?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ugh, anyone else hate FX's packaging for most sets? Sometimes they'll find a good picture, but then the backs are so PLAIN.

Like Strawberry Eggs, tiny info, one picture, and that's it.

Fushigi Yuugi looks bad, a not-well chosen picture reduced in size and a boring fond typing out Fushigi Yuugi.

Rounrouni Kenshin's first set looks exteremly girls, with ugly typing again, and same with second set.

Sometimes they'll do good (C.B. KOHD movie, Read or Die) but for their gatefolds, it seems they suck. Ever hear of screenshots?

Anyone else agree? Or I'm just crazy? (or both...Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin )
I think you're nuts. Big Grin :p
I'm with Shibo on this one, only because I don't really care what they look like. I mean when I'm looking through my anime collection, I'm pround to stand back & see things like my cool Trigun (MI) case & all, but if the case sucked I wouldn't care. And to be a cool case all it has to have is an anime character, or place, I'm obsessed over all things anime & will even watch the kiddyest of show just because they're anime, & once I watch about 5 min.s I can't leave, even if I'mbored out of my mind.
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
Ever hear of screenshots?
Anyone else agree? Or I'm just crazy? (or both...Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin )

Ever hear of illegal DVDs? You're bitching over an "ugly" (looks really nice) $100 that I spent $500 on stateside. You have a right to complain because.........?

I think your just dumb, but that's me. Sad
Hahaha. I was thinking the exact same thing. I think it's pretty damn arrogant of people to be complaining about packaging on bootlegs. You're buying unofficial stuff and you're saying it could be prettier?? You guys should be lucky you're even getting a cover with it or any graphics at all. They could just burn DVD's and write the names on them in Sharpies and sell them and there'd still be a market for it. Pay $30 a dvd and then complain about it. When you pay $21 for a 26 episode series, there's no room to be choosy.
Once again:

First, if you're gonna bitch, spell the series names right. Kthnxbye! Big Grin

Second, the FY FX box is very nice. It doesn't have MIs shitty M clasps which scratch the hell out of the bottom of your DVDs (these are the new MI sets, not the older ones. I'm very fond of my Kenshin sets.

I don't like the Rurouni Kenshin FX set. Yes, it is bland. Kenshin's MI set looks better than the FX set does.
The FX Hellsing Packaging and Discs look amazing, C.B. was great too. So I see nothing to complain about. Smile
God damn, I didn't expect anyone to be so freakin' pissed off over this. Seriously. I was just saying, with all the compitition and everyone else doing great, why does FX not. Besides, I know they have some good sets.

Besides, I'm a boxart biggie so I guess it just bothered me.

And Steve, god... talk about being rude. Now I like you even less.
My reply wasn't directed at you specifically. It's just a trend I've noticed on alot of HK sites. It's just amusing everytime I see it.

And Steve's actually a very nice guy. as is Suzaku. Welcome back by the way.
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master

And Steve, god... talk about being rude. Now I like you even less.

Sha-nay-nay girlfriend. I'm just being real girlfriend. Seriously though, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but with the box art. You should see how ugly my early Official BGC tapes looked and I spent what........$25 for 30 minutes. That's my point. I spent a lot and got nothing. You spent little and got nothing, and it's still a lot better than what I got. The price is beyond right for content. The box might not be the best but you should see what I've got. On my US Renditions version of Apple Seed the label is off centered. It looks really sad. Sorry to offend you.
I found the inside of Outlaw star to be decent, but the back to be utterly gross. Same with Ranma where they use the overly-used Comic Sans font (I remember seeing people use it like crazy in 8th grade). Anything that's professionally made using Comic Sans doesn't look professional at all. However, the inside art of the Ranma set is ok, I would have liked art that flowed and wasn't just a different picture per DVD.
Nice packaging is just a bonus to me. It is nice to have, but isn't a requirement.

Comic Sans font should never be used. Ever.
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
Nice packaging is just a bonus to me. It is nice to have, but isn't a requirement.

Well said.

I agree, the FX Kenshin cases did not look spectacular on the front, but the inside looked nice. I though the case for Angel Links (FX) and Hellsing (FX) was good.
Well they've got to be better than the generic MAC ones
Second that. The Mac Black Heaven set has that generic packaging and I just don't understand it. Aren't they worried about misplacing/packaging the wrong series in the slipcases? I could just imagine pulling Boogiepop Phantom out of the slipcase and laughing. They definitely need an artistic boost.

Almost all of my FX sets have been pleasing to look at and I'm not disappointed considering the price. IMHO they have enough variety of images.
Pages: 1 2