No more DVDR trading allowed
u can make a DVDR look good, but i dont think people here will make DVDR look good before they trade... whats gonna happen is once the trade is agreed on.. person takes their copy of the DVD pop it in and make a fresh DVDR copy and mail it...

and No, I dont think DVDR trading forum will be a good idea for the site.. I guess people can do soemthing like a msg saying PM me for a DVDR list ... while i want the rest of teh stuff to be normal dvds on their lists
if thats what you decide than thats it,but your confusing dvdr with vhs,there is no quality loss during copying a copy
theres nothing in this world to believe in
who was confusing VHS and DVD-R?
this whole talk is not about quality loss... its about value loss... would u trade a copy of a ps1 game for a legit copy of a different ps1 game? i woudlnt think so... same principle applies here... I want people to value things they trade for... not bitch about paying 2 or 4 dollars for shipping while not really caring about the things they send/receive...

as from previous posts... people like the idea of seeing nothing but normal dvds back here... so I would think that my logic has popular acceptance.
I have Ps2 originals and Ps2 copies. I would never trade one of the originals for 3 or 4 copies. the same would happen with dvd'sBig Grin
exactly my point... so lets not cluster this msg board for things that people wouldnt be trading....
I traded my Hk's and R1's away like 5 times for
DVD-r and didn't
have a problem with it..
They are the same quality
you are getting the same thing as the R1's/Hk's but no pictures
People are stupid if they need a pretty picture on the disc and case
We are here to watch anime not stare at pretty dvd cases.
now I end my small Rant ^,^
Haruka
First of all, I want to say I respect Import-Anime in that they don't want dvdr's traded on this board. I will not post my list anymore.

Next is my rant...sorry. DVDR's from R1's are in majority, better quality than HK's. For the most part, because of the company's only putting a few episodes on one disc, can be copied directly 1:1 with absolutely zero compression. That makes the disc identical in video and sound quality as the original. HK's for the most part, use compression in most of their stuff. Again there are exceptions to this rule. Some movies, when keeping the extras, need to be compressed to fit on one disc just like an HK. But really, it can be split onto two discs with nothing lost.

Now to the looks, well the HK companys do put effort into making their product look nice and that as mentioned, is part of the price. Myself, I love the look of them on my self, but simply can't afford most of it. I could have spent the money I paid for my burner on HK's or R1's but that would not near increased my collection to what I have now. It's all about the anime to me not a pretty case. As much as I would enjoy showing them off, I now have a big binder full of anime that I can watch and enjoy more.

I've never misled anyone about dvdr's and I have even gone to the length of sending out a free disc to make sure the person's player that I am trading with works with dvdr's. Sure the discs are cheaper than HK's but when you factor in the rental too it does increase the cost. Some people don't even have access to rentals, thats where even buying a dvdr set at a price of rentals is more beneficial than an HK set. You pay less and your not that worried if the show doesn't meet your expectations. I've done that myself and glad I didn't spend three times the money to have it sit. More so, some HK's you can't get yet in "Perfect Collections", thats where copying R1's is really nice. You get what you want whether it be extras or even dub\sub tracks with proper English and subtitles. Not having to worry about reading into the story to catch the jist of it.

One more thing, I do admit in some cases it is cheaper to buy the HK set than it is to rent the R1's to copy. For example, Rouroni Kenshin TV. The full R1 set is somewhere around the 20 dvd mark and with dvdr blanks that would come out to around $150 bucks. The HK set is cheaper than that and I even think there is a dub version...correct me if I am wrong.

Well there it is guys...thanks again for the rant space. I love this place and I will continue to support it as much as I can.

Dave aka "goflutie"
Yay! Just wanted to add my support to JJ on this one. No offense to any of the DVD-R traders, since I like everyone here, but I hate seeing a list of stuff, getting all excited, and finding out that the stuff is a bunch of DVD-R's.. If I wanted DVD-R's, I'd buy a burner and start copying. Anyone who thinks that a DVD-R can look as good as an HK set hasn't bought FX Fushigi Yugi.. I don't see a DVD-R forum happening simply because this isn't the place for it. We're an HK site, and this forum was put together as a service to the HK community. Yeah, you can throw your R1 list and your video games into the lists as well, but I agree with JJ and I think that's where it should stop.
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^
I have never traded anything on this board or anywhere. Most likely because I love all my stuff, and like to buy things new. However I am totally against buying/trading DVD-r's.

First off is compatibility. I've had my Pioneer DV-333 for 3 years now. I spent $200 on it before Playstation 2 was even around. It was out a lot longer than DVD-r's. It can't play them at all. It just can't read them. Now if people don't have up to date hardware than they can not play their traded items and everything goes sour.

Another thing is rarity. If I traded my KOR Box Set (something I would never do), for something (Maison Ikkoku R2's maybe) the person who received my box set could copy it. Suddenly a great trade item is available to all and it no longer as the same trade value. Think of how bad it would be if we started trading our R2's.

Also the copying of DVDs is very unethical. I understand that HK DVDs are bootlegs, but many of them could be take as fan subs. I'm pretty sure that Doreamon, Touch, H2, and all of FOTNS will not make it to R1. So I thank MI for that. All of Maison Ikkoku is not available either, so I'm very grateful. However direct copies of R1's supports nobody. Even if MI or AV do an R1 rip they have many of unlicensed title available.

Besides being unethical, copy DVDs is illegal. Read the message before it starts up. Now this states receiving a profit or distribution. I think JJ certainly does not want a fear of being shut down because people are selling pirated material. I personally want to see this site to continue running this informative site.

As far as making DVD-r's look nice, please. Nobody is going to take their time and make cases with spine art. I do not even see amaray cases but jewel cases or some bubble wrap. I do not need beautiful art work but when I spend $250 on my KOR Box Set, I would hope for something nice.

Now really how hard would it be to make a list in a Word Document. The discs will always be there, so there won't be a problem. Just PM someone and you can email them to each other.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
i love this site as well,but if your against dvdr trade/sale(and nobody said anything about selling) and you buy hks your stupid.
i'm not saying anything else about this,every ones just contradicting themselves. no more dvdr trades ,thats ok,but the site has lower prices now.

and steve,thank people who like to copy stuff because without them there would be no hks
theres nothing in this world to believe in
When you call someone stupid, please use complete sentences. Also "your" is possessive, while "you're" is "you are" as in "You are Stupid".

As far as HK DVDs buddy, if you knew something about the history of HK DVDs you would realize that not all companies are like FX and MAC which just copy R1's (like you). MI took the time to sub Saint Seiya and Touch when there were no sources for translation. Congradulations the early companies were like fan subs groups. Call yourself that if you want, but I don't see you replacing any of your purchases anytime soon (if you even buy your anime).
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
I don't contradict myself. I find it totally not worth having a Burned Ink version of a DVD that cost <$1 as opposed to a Metal Pressed DVD. I find it even more dispicable when someone wants to trade 1:1 DVDBig GrinVDR. When I trade my PRESSED DVDs (whether they be HK or R1) I want to get PRESSED DVDs in return. Nothing less.
kakomu: I second that. If I pay 20 bucks for a dvd, and someone mooches off a friend to copy it. I dont think thats a fair trade at all.
I have a challenge for all you DVD-R people. I would love for even 1 of you to show us some pics of these profesional looking DVD-R's that you're trading. I'm sure they're much nicer then these HK sets since you guys said it's so easy to make them. I want everything. The DVD, a pic of the case or boxset with pics printed on it, the plastic slipcase, everything. Please, do I have any takers?