Import Anime Forums

Full Version: No more DVDR trading allowed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
at first I thought it would be ok to trade DVDR if people knew they were getting DVDR...

now i see trade lists of trade lists of items listed and at the bottom a small disclaimer that they are ALL DVDRs.... thus giving alot of headache to the people that want to trade for normal sets...

so starting tomrrow we will be going through the trade lists and deleting the trade lists with DVDR completely (u can recreate your lists later without DVDRs listed, simplest way)
So does this mean that if you have some Original dvds, and DVDr, you can still trade, but if you only have DVDr you cannot?
this means that I dont want to see any DVDRs being traded via the lists... i want only normal things listed in the sets, u can do DVDR trading through private tells and whatnot but dont list them in the lists...

even if u have original dvds along with DVDRs in your list, it will be deleted... just recreate it with original dvds after its gone.
I think that is a great idea.
I'm all for this. I can't say I like the idea of trading for readily copyable <1$ DVDs.
Excellent!! finally we can trade original for original or Hk for Hk without seeing huge lists and finding out that all we can get is a cheap dvd-r.

JunkieJoe I support your idea 110% !!Big Grin
I agree completely with you. Finally, no huge lists of DVD-Rs and no getting excited that you found what you wanted only to see its DVD-R.
yeah i dont agree with that

noboby i traded with has got confused
maybe you should open a place for dvdr trades
The point is not getting confused. people when see huge lists with R1 or HK think that they are trading their Hk or R1 "originals" for original dvd's not for cheap dvd-r. understand?:o
no the point is you dont know what your talking about,have you looked at a hk dvd before,those are cheap dvds.but the real point is a think junkie joe should consider opening a section for dvdr traders,of course
some rules should apply.i personally don't trade any hk rips that are in the store section
Yeah You're right. HK dvd's are cheap dvds but at least they have covers and boxes. don't look so bad as a ordinary dvd-r. And if you like to receive a bunch of dvd-r for a HK dvd or a R1 dvd, that's your problem
Quote:Originally posted by gunner7500
no the point is you dont know what your talking about,have you looked at a hk dvd before,those are cheap dvds.but the real point is a think junkie joe should consider opening a section for dvdr traders,of course
some rules should apply.i personally don't trade any hk rips that are in the store section

As "Cheap" as they are, they're still pressed rather than burned. It's also the principle of the thing. Take for instance, when you trade online, two people have files and send them to each other, so they get something they wanted and get to keep the other file that have. When we apply it to DVD Trading, you have a DVD you can't keep on one side, but a readily copyable and infinitely produceable DVD on the other side. Plus you can afford at least 9 DVD-Rs for the price of one HK DVD. That's where the problem Lies.

That, and most people's lists aren't clear what are DVDR and what is regular DVD.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
As "Cheap" as they are, they're still pressed rather than burned. It's also the principle of the thing. Take for instance, when you trade online, two people have files and send them to each other, so they get something they wanted and get to keep the other file that have. When we apply it to DVD Trading, you have a DVD you can't keep on one side, but a readily copyable and infinitely produceable DVD on the other side. Plus you can afford at least 9 DVD-Rs for the price of one HK DVD. That's where the problem Lies.

That, and most people's lists aren't clear what are DVDR and what is regular DVD.

I cant really agree with you on this matter...
Most list I have seen are clearn on weather the DVDs are DVDr or not...
And, if you buy top media, print labels, and covers, the price of a DVDr is not really 1/9 of a Hk, even with the cheapest media, it isnt,
its rather 1/5, and it also takes TIME and effort to burn those DVDs,
anyways, like gunner said, there should be a DVDr section, this way everyone can be happy, and Importanim wont loose the DVDrtraders, even If most of the DVDrtraders dont order from this site, thet (at least I have done to at least 10 ppl) talk about this great site to others, and promote it.
DVDR trading doesnt hold the same value as trading the real thing.. which u paid money for.. that looks GOOD on the shelf....

its one thing to go to a store, rent a dvd, copy it and trade it infinate number of times, its another thing where u pay for the dvd (dvd set) and then trade your hard earned set for something else you would want to value equally if not more...

DVDR trading cheapens the whole experience... no one with a DVDR will trade for another DVDR because they would rather go to store, rent and burn, they want to get something that will look good on shelf... simple as that...
I wont start a debatte, but DVDr CAN look as good, or better Than Hks (just go to a professional place that copy covers...)
Anyways, the end of the story is that you dont want to open a section for DVDrtrading,or am I wrong?
Pages: 1 2 3