best anime mag?
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
Prophet Hero manga mania was quite the magazine, i had loads of them! they also printed some quality manga like akira and striker. and your right it was damn hard to get anything anime in the uk and heck it still is

I collected the whole lot until it turned into Manga Max (or something), which was shite; I think it stopped re-printing manga for legal reasons.

Yeah, you're right, it still is hard to get anything anime-related in the UK. ADV seems to be making an effort - I was surprised to see Noir Vol 1 (R2) on sale - but the RRP still makes buying online the sensible option.
yea they certainly killed manga mania by giving it dodgy make overs, everytime they did it got more american and worse. not that theres anything wrong with america but mixing manga and america stuff quite obviously doesnt work, take my word for it. the uk anime/manga scene will never be big, it had its best day like about 5-6 years ago and it doesnt look like its gettin any better. although it is very nice to see adv making an effort, they released the first samurai x ova and are currently doing evangelion and nadesico. also manga video has pulled some new dvds out recently like blackjack and the eva movies. also on monday i noticed the release of denanator oragon and vampire hunterd special edition. damn the uk anime industry, hk is the way forward!
oh man Striker was ace, l loved it, and they even had lupin as well
Quote:Originally posted by sanosuke
damn the uk anime industry, hk is the way forward!

Especially with single DVDs at £19.99 a pop.
That's about 40 us dollars right Prophet Hero...?

As for me Newtype is the best all though I do like
Anime Invasion. It has a nice mix of style to content
but they are so far up DBZ's ass it isn't funny...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
As for me Newtype is the best all though I do like
Anime Invasion. It has a nice mix of style to content
but they are so far up DBZ's ass it isn't funny...

See, Morgorath, I agree about Newtype, but as far as how far up DBZ's ass they are, our opinions seem to differ. There wasn't much mention of DBZ in this month's issue that I saw. But then again, I just look at the pretty pictures. Big Grin
Though I do think they should polls their US subscribers, not just the Japanese. Don't our opinions count?
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
£20 is about $33/34 morgorath, its just damn expensive for like 3 episodes. i thought they printed lupin! and tokyopop said those graphic novels they released earlier this year was the first time lupin was released in english!
Well America is like that alot of the time. Tokyopop are not to be trusted anyway.:mad:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Ka-Talliya I was reffering to Anime INvasion being stuck
on DBZ in the 6 issues I have recived only two them
have cover art from another series besides DBZ. ANd that
was Gundam and Yugi Oh (and on the YUgi Oh one you
could get a Goku cover to if you were a subscriber)

I think Newtype is great and not stuck on anyone, as for
there polls. Yea it would be nice but I like seeing what the
Japanese think. If I want an American view I will look inside
Aniamerica...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!