Which is better Hana Yori Dango or Maison Ikkoku ?
Is Maison Ikkoku a better show than Hana Yori Dango..because I want to get the HK set and have seen already Hana Yori Dango so I want to know is it just as good or better..
Get the Maison Ikkoku set right now. Stop reading this and go get it. No seriously it has to be my all time favorite series. I enjoy shonen series a lot more. It has tons of comedy as well as romance. Not to mention the leading lady is really cute. The HK set is incredible too. The subs are great and so is the audio/visual quality. You might want to score a couple of US VHS release before. The subs for the first couple of episodes are timed bad, then they become extremely good. In a nutshell the set is great and you should pick it up. Get the 10 disc set, it looks a little nicer. Post any questions you have. Sorry for writing so much on the series, its just that it is my all time favorite series.
Just be aware, Cashan doesn't have the set in stock and he has no idea when he'd be able to get it in. I'm almost positive flora-chan is in the same boat. I ended up buying from Jam-cat, $68+shipping. Not a bad deal.

I agree with the poster above me, buy the 10 disk AC/MI version, much better, also contains all the op/eds where the 8 disk version dosen't.
Wow, small world. I bought my set from Jam-Cat on ebay. Mine cost $89.99, cuz I bought mine awhile ago. Very happy with the seller on the whole.
Oh, Rei, where did you see Hana Yori Dango? I've been trying to purchase this series for sometime now, but I've had no luck in finding decent fansubs..
http://animemetropolis.com/kodocha/main.html :mrgreen:
My friend sells fansubs super cheap..http://www.geocities.com/neko62185...Tell her Ray says wassup..
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Get the Maison Ikkoku set right now. Stop reading this and go get it. No seriously it has to be my all time favorite series. I enjoy shonen series a lot more. It has tons of comedy as well as romance. Not to mention the leading lady is really cute. The HK set is incredible too. The subs are great and so is the audio/visual quality. You might want to score a couple of US VHS release before. The subs for the first couple of episodes are timed bad, then they become extremely good. In a nutshell the set is great and you should pick it up. Get the 10 disc set, it looks a little nicer. Post any questions you have. Sorry for writing so much on the series, its just that it is my all time favorite series.

O, thanx for the reply..Yea, i read on a couple of sites that its pretty good..the only reason why I didnt purchase the domestic because it would cost like 300 dollars to get the whole series but the prices have dropped significantly but hey Ill pay 88 bucks any time..Hana Yori Dango rules I lvoe that show so much..Hopefully one day Ill see Marmalade Boy if I ever get a chance to..
Is Hana really girly? I don't mind shojo which I found out with Fushigi Yugi, but I'm not a fan of really girly anime. If I watch anime with romance, I like to watch it from a male perspective(Maison Ikkoku, Ranma 1/2, KOR,Urusei Yatsura). As far as Marmalade Boy goes, I found it to be ok, nothing really good. If you want to check it out you can go to the fan sub site I listed. The first 24 episodes were licensed however the rest was not. I don't exactly like this, but you can go onto ebay and buy it off there. People will sell it in EP mode to make a big profit or you can get it on VCD. Has anyone by chance seen Miarcle Girls, on fan sub?

Is Hana really girly? I don't mind shojo which I found out with Fushigi Yugi, but I'm not a fan of really girly anime. If I watch anime with romance, I like to watch it from a male perspective(Maison Ikkoku, Ranma 1/2, KOR,Urusei Yatsura). As far as Marmalade Boy goes, I found it to be ok, nothing really good. If you want to check it out you can go to the fan sub site I listed. The first 24 episodes were licensed however the rest was not. I don't exactly like this, but you can go onto ebay and buy it off there. People will sell it in EP mode to make a big profit or you can get it on VCD. Has anyone by chance seen Miarcle Girls, on fan sub?

Yea, Hana is pretty girl but its an awesome show and I hope you dont turn it down..It has 52 eps and a movie..You really dont need to see the movie becuase it has nothing to do with the story and its only about 40 mins so your not missing out on much..The story is about this girl named Makino and how she goes to a high class school and she is dirt poor compared to them..Sorry for the lame summary but if I post up more it will ruin it for you..There aren't any filler episodes that I can remember seeing so its not a waste of time..The dialoge is ok but since it revolves around Makino it may get girl but for me I didnt mind..Like sometimes you get to hear Makino thinking to herself and stuff like that but its areall really good show and I highly recommend it..also, kodocha sells there tapes too expensive..if you buy from them I think it was 3 tapes for 21 bucks which is too high I think..Well I hope you dont miss out on this show because its the best romance show..I wanted to get it off Ebay but this one seller had a really bad rating so I declined not too..if any other questions just let me know..I hope it comes out one day on Hk but I doubt it will ever come here in the US because everything here is either MEcha or Fighting so I dont think it will do too hot..
Actually Hana has an ok chance of coming to America. Animeiog was obtaining the rights to take a survey to see if people wanted it to be done. I think there were some 2000 or more replies for it. There were however more for You're under arrest TV. I'd have to say I'd be more looking forward to YUA.

Actually Hana has an ok chance of coming to America. Animeiog was obtaining the rights to take a survey to see if people wanted it to be done. I think there were some 2000 or more replies for it. There were however more for You're under arrest TV. I'd have to say I'd be more looking forward to YUA.

Do you have a link so i can see it? I really really hope it comes over badly..
www.animeigo.com then click on the homepage button on top. Ask them some questions. They will reply with a personalized message. Very good company to communicate with. By the way I'm looking at some extremely cheap Hana Fan subs on SP VHS to pick up.