Favorite System
Ok I'm saying Super Nintendo. Too many great games. FF 6 and Chrono Trigger are my two all time favorite games. Secret of Mana was really cool. Lemmings drove me insane. The Street Fighters were slow but still crazy fun. Super Mario World kept me busy for most of my Elementary school days. Punch Out and NBA Jam were just as good too. Mix a little Final Fight, Joe and Mac, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, and the system rocked. Actraiser, and my all time favorite Famicom game Wedding Peach Mini games. Ahhhhh the good times. ^_^
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
The Atari,I think it's my favorite because it's the first system i played, but the damn thing got me hooked on video games now i dont have a life.
Steve the SNEs good choice since it is the god of Co-op games. You named so many it is hard for me to think of a few you didn't, but there is Contra... Also it was the first to truly let loos on the 4 player titles. Oh and SF2 Turbo made up for that little slow down factor. Plus it has on of my Fav games Kinghts of the Round Table. But...

My Fav system is the NEO GEO. Look when you have at home arcade machine that takes the same carts that goes into it's arcade brother that is banging. Knowing that right now if I owned a Last Blade 2 cart I could shove it into that machine and it play just like it would down the street at Joe Bob's arcade. Hands down the best.

My Runners up are
Sega Saturn (the most anime games of any system)
SNES the best and most afforadable system of it's time.
NES the savior of video games. And it came from a game card company.
Dreamcast so much promise there was and it is till the best emulator out there.
Gamecube has the history and the minds that make greatness...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Super Nintendo hands down..

The only thing i wanna argue about the Neo geo.. is did you see it though? I mean hardly anyone had it and it wasn't supported in the home really.. As arcade it did well but if i remember as home it failed horrible. So i still can't see with that why you think its the best.. Maybe technical design possible..
hehe my best system is Xbox... the easiest console to pirate games on ;p
I'd have to say the NES, sure I liked the SNES but it was the NES and the sega genesis that really got me hooked :mrgreen:
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......
THERE ARE MAD KILLERS OUT THERE!!!

[Image: optimisticox.jpg]
Such a good question steve. I would have to say the nintendo because of all of the GREAT games: Super Mario 1 2 3, Duckhunt, World Class Track Meet, Zelda, Contra, Shatterhand, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tetris. The system had it all. I couldn't possibly list all of the great games on the system. Just a few to let you know how I based my decision. :mrgreen:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
yeah, I loved mario 1 & 3(not so much two, it had a different style that I wasnt fond of) also duck hunt was great. I played the Clay Shooting for hours on end. finally I got to the point with my tv on one side of the room and myself on the other. I got perfects every round until my score creeped past 9999999999 and back to 0, after that I didnt see the point of the game and I havnt played since :mrgreen:
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......
THERE ARE MAD KILLERS OUT THERE!!!

[Image: optimisticox.jpg]
Well Well Well. Someone stole my shining light...cough cough KAKOI cough cough.
SHATTERHAND is definitely one of MY favorite games on nes. Mario 1 2 and 3, Zealda, Bionic Commando, Castlevania and so much more. Yes I couldn't part with my nes ever! It is definately my fave.

Jeez Kak, I let you borrow SH and yo usteal my glory? Bad Kak Bad!!! No Cookie for you! :twisted: :wink:
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Just to rap up my little argument... Yes I got see one and I even got to paly it my bestfriends older brother ( I was 14 at the time he was 18 a god of gaming to me he was) owned it and he had two games at the time Baseball stars and Samuri Showdown... and in the age of Sega Genesis, NES and early Super NES games it was a marvel to behold. It was my fav because of it's complete arcade at home feel. I mean look Schultz even though we brought death and destruction upon Gauntl Dark Realms it didn't have the same feel it does playing the arcade... The NEO GEO did and still would I think... But now that I have MAME 32 thanks to you... it has lost some of it's impact... So I will fold and give in that the SNES is and will be the greatest system...
In order of favorites...

1.PSX (Home to some of the best Anime-Style games and RPG's, not to mention the massive choice of games...)
2.SNES (Has alot and I do mean alot of great games: Secret of Mana, Pocky and Rocky, Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Final Fight 3, Zelda...)
3.NES (Has a great selection of games most are only a couple of bucks...)
4.DC ( Great Anime-esque Games Ex. Sakura Wars, Grandia 2,Cannon Spike....)
5.GBA SP(the look and feel of a sleek portable gamers paradise!!! And the back light...)

I'd write more but my pain in the ass teacher forbids.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Staccatto!!!
Quote:Originally posted by "DARK OSAMU"

Well Well Well. Someone stole my shining light...cough cough KAKOI cough cough.
SHATTERHAND is definitely one of MY favorite games on nes. Mario 1 2 and 3, Zealda, Bionic Commando, Castlevania and so much more. Yes I couldn't part with my nes ever! It is definately my fave.

Jeez Kak, I let you borrow SH and yo usteal my glory? Bad Kak Bad!!! No Cookie for you! :twisted: :wink:

I didn't steal anything. It isn't like you made the game. Big Grin I'm going to eat all the cookies I want right now. 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Dreamcast!! The Dreamcast had such a healthy dose of 2-D fighters and I have EVERY one of them...well just about. Tongue It had so much potential, but eventually PS2 took over...*sigh*

Sega Saturn was also really good. The VS series (X-men VS Street Fighter...etc.) were nearly flawless with the 4MB ram cart.

*is a Sega fanboy deep down* :wink:
Like mostly every one else said Snes is a great system with the mario games. but play stations pull above all of the other systems with the final fantays. I think if snes had more of a varitey of games it would be the best.
More varitey of games... hey elemental how old are you...? Ok first of this is not a flame in any way. But just take a look at the SNES library... They were the first to give us 2-D fighters they broght RPG's to new level FF3 which if you check any poll from almost any board FF3 (or FF6 in Japan) is still consider the #1 or #2 greatest RPG of all time. Hell it broght about the whole Espercoming on the screen doing damage, Materia on a person to learn spells and ablities... :!: Oh and let us not forget the leaps made in Starfox or Doom. The SNES made Doom a reality for those who didn't have a comp like yours truly...

elemental, I think you should give the SNES another look or just pick up a GBA SP all the best SNES games are being ported over to it...

Berserker, we all are Sega fans but know it's safe to be one in public because all thier greatest games are still out there to be played...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your favorite Video Game System and Games for that system pugmagician 11 7,701 09-23-2003, 12:31 PM
Last Post: pugmagician