Divx problems
THe easiest way to IVTC is to use gordion knot to make an avisynth project file. You will need to have made a D2V project file using DVD2AVI. Gordian Knot is fairly self explanatory, so I doubt I really need to explain how to use it. Inside the project file (using wordpad)you create with Gknot, you will see two lines. 1 says "#LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\GORDIA~1\decomb.dll")" another will say "#Telecide().Decimate(5)". Delete the number signs in front of the lines, open the project file up in Virtual Dub, and your file is now detelecined down to 23.976 fps.

After which, I reccomend you use SSA for subtitles. THe subtitles that come on DVDs are always ugly, and it would be better if you can use some bad ass font, like Arial or something like that.
well i perfer usin GordianKnot for setup and going with avisynth in this guide..
http://www.doom9.org/gknot-main3.htm
And using Avisynth vobsub plugin to put the subs onto the video.. and doing a good IVTC via Decomb for avisynth.. But could your rar the subs and email them.. they should only be a few megs.. or like i said i can PM you a ftp site and you can upload them there..
damn you beet me Kakomu ;o)
and to continue on with what kakomu said to convert to ass easyly you can either open subresync and load the idx/sub files and click save as -> ssa which will start its OCR engine. or you can load subrip and have it process the vobsub idx/sub and convert it into ssa.. i perfer subresync because its include with vobsub which you already have.. ;o)
Also when ripping the subtitles, I have an experiment for you to perform. Download and start up Sub Ripper. Use of it is fairly easy, but just to make sure, when you are on the screen to choose your vobs, be sure to pic your IFO or IDX files. Plus the subtitle track you choose to rip with subripper is the same tracks you will find on your DVD player (so if on your DVD player, 1 is Eng, 2 is SPan, 3 is French, it will be the same on Sub Ripper). What you need to do is start it up, make it start the cycle through your Vobs. When it starts going, it will stop at the FIRST subtitles it hits, and asks you to pick what color you want. THere will be FOUR colors you can choose from, and you will see what the differences are. Now, what you need to do is cycle through the 4 colors, and see if ANY of them are blank. If one of the colors IS blank, then there are 2 colors of words. If this is the case, PM me, and ill give you the EASIEST way to go about ripping the subs. Not as many steps as Schultz's method.
One last thing, a friend of mine wrote up a guide of the easiest, most painless way to make an Encode. He did a fairly good job, however, this method while producing good/acceptable results will not yield you the best results you can get, and he told me so. He said if you wanted to get better results, get some information, and figure the best way to go about it, but as a quickie guide, it's good enough for the casual n00b. Ill distribute it once I get another copy of it.
i Don't know why you say your way is faster.. Because you already have the vob's ripped to the harddrive.. and it saves you from having to know the times in the episodes if they are all in one title. Second Subresync already knows all the color information that it needs so you don't have to go about those methods of figuring out what color is which.. And second you don't need a special process if it uses more then 1 color for subtitles.. so i still don't see how my method is slower.. and like i said most people already have vobsub so they don't have to download another program.. even though probably most all have broadband and its ~ 1mb or less i think last time i checked..
the special process is running through the subs a second time so that all the secondary subs are at the end, thus letting you place em all at the end, thus letting you make different colors for them. Plus think of it this way, if you already have a character matrix made, it should breeze through the subs (on a decent computer) in like a minute and a half per hour of video...most likely even less time. And for the true customizer of text graphics, this is much better.
Schultz, i can't find this subresync prog, only a prog called subsync, which doesn't work. and also, i meant the program subrip, not subripper for all posts.

lastly ot, what rank are you?
If you download the vobsub program from http://vobsub.edensrising.com you will have an Option to install SubResync with vobsub.. since it uses the vobsub.dll also.. And since gabest has large support for ssa/ass along with subresync being a great sync program along with a OCR engine... you can drag the video file onto it and it will display it in the background.. though now play / sound it just skips to where the video would be at. and yea i know you meant SubRip its the only other "decent" program for ripping subs then vobsub's method.. (Subresync call also save its char matrix's so you can load them later) you can also edit them via subresync..
Well I fgiured out how to make the removable subs show everything, I had to rip all 3 english streams and select the 3rd one with dvobsub, kinda stupid of me, eh. But sometimes the subs disappear for 3 or 4 lines then come back. When I select the first sub stream (dialogue)or the 2nd (translated text) the corresponding subs are there.

Schultz, I emailed you the subs for the 1st episode a while back, maybe you didnt get them. I gonna send you the subs for the 3rd episode and tell you when the subs disappear

These were the most complicated subs I've ever seen, several different colours, fonts and sizes and they were placed all over the screen. Can I keep all these settings when I save as ssa?

Another question about filters, Kakomu, I remember you mentioned the Smart Smoother filter by Donald Graft. How do I use this with Gordian Knot. I know I've got to write something like LoadVirtualDubPlugin ????? in the avs file but I dont know what to write exactly
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=...lDubPlugin
will have a script for helping showing how to load VirtualDub plugins.. though Avisynth has alot fo native plugins that will do a great job.. also they support the yuv2 so you don' t have to go to RGB and then back.. and i didn't get either of the emails that you sent to me.. did you get anything back on them?
I loaded the plugins in Manually in Virtual Dub. Also, if you're ripping the subs using an OCR, why go through the trouble of using Vobsub, when you can use Subrip as well? Less steps, just as easy.
I just tried Subresync, and all it's doing is going through the OCR engine, but when it's done, it doesn't save anything. Just an empty container file. What am I doing wrong?
Never mind, I got it to work by Downgrading to an earlier version.

I was also wondering if you'd be willing to share your Nandub settings.