Anyone here still buy HK Anime DVDs?
Thanks! I will try a few of those places out.

I have made several purchases from KCDVD in the past few weeks and I love them. The only problem is that their forum is practically dead and they do not have a lot of stuff that I want.

About KCDVD: if you send $200 they give you 25% off so 3 disc boxed sets cost $15.75. Shipping is $5 no matter what you order and it takes like literally like two days to get my stuff. They have a no-nonsense dvd replacement policy and gave me two replacement FMA dvds hassle free. They even have 50% sales from time to time.

Sounds perfect right? Well not if they don't have what I want. I have like 30 shows that I want to find HK sets for. Looks like Discount Anime DVD has some of them, including Zombie Loan!

Quote:I think most of us either buy R1's on sale, or download fan subs these days...

I did the fansubbs myself for a while and I just can't anymore. Watching TV for hours on my computer hurts my eyes and my back. I like my expensive couch and my nice TV. I even tried encoding fansubbs and burning them to a disc but holy crap it took forever and then it looked terrible.

I buy the R1s myself if I enjoy a series and then pass along the HKs to any friend that asks to borrow my R1 set. R1s like Full Metal Alchemist and Scrapped Princess will find their way into my collection whereas Solty Rei will not. Unless its already one of the Anime Legends that can be found on Amazon for $30-$40 a series I would rather pay the $15 and watch it first before I buy it.

Messages In This Thread
Anyone here still buy HK Anime DVDs? - by garritynet - 09-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Anyone here still buy HK Anime DVDs? - by Cidien - 09-26-2008, 01:51 AM
Anyone here still buy HK Anime DVDs? - by Cidien - 09-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Anyone here still buy HK Anime DVDs? - by Cidien - 09-30-2008, 02:57 AM
Anyone here still buy HK Anime DVDs? - by Cidien - 10-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Anyone here still buy HK Anime DVDs? - by tanakag - 11-03-2013, 02:23 AM