about his and her circumstances (Kare Kano)
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Would you mind telling me a bit more about it?

Uh, yeah, what Nina said.

I've only read bits and pieces of the manga. I'm not really inclined to collect the whole set because the anime was a superior product, in my humble opinion, and I also considered the series pretty complete. I've got no desire to have anything added onto my existing Kare Kano experience, especially if it's from an inferior source.

And that's what I like about anime series. They're not open ended, they have one well thought out story arc that, once finished, has said all it needs to say. The great thing is that anime series generally doesn't need to extend or expand the mythos to appease the advertisers and audiences. The creators can go off and do something else original and what starts out great doesn't descend into crowd pleasing mediocrity. Think of what happened to Twin Peaks <shudder>. What a brilliant ending Bebop had, couldn't have been possible if they wanted to make a second season. Okay, bad example, they *did* make a motion picture.

Having said, I'm still secretly hoping for a spinoff series about Asaba.

Eight Drunken Styles

Limes? What Limes?

Messages In This Thread
about his and her circumstances (Kare Kano) - by 8 Drunken Stylz - 02-08-2005, 08:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about Kare Kano His and Her circumstances FX/EZDVD PC Mot_Soldats 1 1,299 12-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Kiruyuki
  Kare Kano or His and Her Circumstances! chiahow 0 1,405 05-30-2002, 10:33 PM
Last Post: chiahow