Anime Pictures, pictures of what i look like.
Thanks for sharing your photos ;-)

The graves are especially intriguing (so there are atleast 3 behind your hourse?).

The photo of Evelyn and Ka-Talliya have mized result on tasting curry is humorous. Find it also funny to see the bath house is being very appreciated.

It's fascinating to know family of the grave comes to visit and dine next to the gravesite without much taboo. In Chinese practices, family gravesite are probably only being visited twice a year, each visit concurrs with a Chinese calender event where the living will come to pay respect for the dead (but mostly to clean up the gravesite). It's commonly believed (by the Chinese) that if the dead is not appeased (by being paid respect through chores and offerings) the living will be haunted. Having that said, there are even some superstitious practices which Chinese do to vent off evil spirit or bad luck. In fact, as you may know that each year according to Chinese calender represents a creature of the 12 Chinese horoscope, Chinese who are born in certain Chinese horoscope years will be especially inauspicious for that year. Chinese who will suffer inauspicious in that year should particularly avoid attending funerals, visiting sick ppl (in hospital), and going near the graveyard.

It's funny to recall the house I grew up with was locating next to a Chinese cemetary. Everyday, around the same time I would promptly hear a funeral care taker delivering coffin up to the cemetary for burial. Because it was a old cemetary which was quite full and (may be) ill-managed, I would see some severe hill erosion which occured almost next to some gravesite. I recall my mom particularly forbid me to go near the cemetary or play alone on the cemetary hill side (She believed it's stupid to expose oneself to 'offend' the spirit of the dead by venturing close to their territory).

Anyway, sorry for diverging away from the thread's topic ;-p

Messages In This Thread
Anime Pictures, pictures of what i look like. - by neoEIN - 06-29-2003, 11:13 AM