Even more Kurosawa
geo85 Wrote:Here is yet another Kurosawa thread,

I just bought the new 3disc edition of seven samurai criterion just released, if there ever was the ultimate kurosawa dvd this is it! Any fan is ferrociously urged to getting this. I also just bought and watched the bad sleep well, a remarkably powerful film but its kurosawa so what do you expect. Using elements of hamlet my favorite tradegy as well as political intrigue and film noir, but if youve seen throne of blood expect a similarly bleek ending. High recommendation another awesome movie to my Kuro-fune collection.
Has anyone seen Ikuru, the quiet duel, or red beard?

Seen Ikuru and Red Beard, both great as you'd expect... I think Red Beard is based on Shakespear too, not sure which one... Richard III, I think... BBC4 here in England showed all his films in chronological order a while back, I recorded most of them as he's got pretty bad rep on DVD in the UK...

I knew Criterion did a special Edition 7S a while back, didn't know they'd rereleased a better version, thanks for the heads up!!

My fave film he did was Rhapsody in August, I seem to prefer his quieter more thoughtful works

Krooner

Messages In This Thread
Even more Kurosawa - by geo85 - 09-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Even more Kurosawa - by Krooner - 09-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Even more Kurosawa - by Cyrus - 09-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Even more Kurosawa - by geo85 - 09-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Even more Kurosawa - by geo85 - 10-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Even more Kurosawa - by evilomar - 10-04-2006, 05:23 AM