Does anyone care about David Blaine?
gubi-gubi Wrote:It wont be a record because hes a magician! Hes not really doing any of these stunts. That's the main reason I hate him so much. His street magic was good because he said it was magic...

Dude, I would think he does these stunts, since he basically retired in the magic business already, and is known as an endurance stunt performer now. Plus, since he was hospitalized for a month and was documented at losing 45 pounds from his last stunt, I would say he actually didn't fake it. They're endurance stunts, not magic. He can be seen in every angle by any person walking by at any time of the day. There's really no magic to it, he's in a sphere of water, and he gets fed food and air in a tube.

Obviously magic isn't real, it's an illusion. But if you can make it seem real to the eyes you are fooling, then you have succeeded in your job. His street magic were very simple tricks that fooled a live audience. In fact, I think he published a book with some of his tricks in them. I think it's actually pretty cool that he's willing to his stuff in front of real people.

Criss Angel on the other hand, claims to be doing his tricks in a live audience, but the audience are actually paid actors. A couple of them are fairly obvious if you know how to catch the hints of the tricks. Here's a link of one of Criss Angel's tricks, with some paid audience. There's a reason why Criss takes the time to take off his shoes, and the camera only focuses on just Criss instead of the window. There's a reason why the "shop owner" goes inside to "see the trick from inside". A normal audience member, even if he did own the shop, wouldn't be that assertive in someone else's illusion.

EDIT: Here's the link... http://media.putfile.com/mindfreak-throu...0-6500/480

Messages In This Thread
Does anyone care about David Blaine? - by Cidien - 05-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Does anyone care about David Blaine? - by Psygnius - 05-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Does anyone care about David Blaine? - by Blight - 05-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Does anyone care about David Blaine? - by Cidien - 05-04-2006, 04:42 PM