Poll: What do you think of the dub voices overall for Naruto?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Awesome
4.88%
2 4.88%
Great
9.76%
4 9.76%
ok
14.63%
6 14.63%
Pretty bad
36.59%
15 36.59%
The most terrible thing you have ever heard in your life
34.15%
14 34.15%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the dub of Naruto?
Your observations are akin to mine. My friend thought Naruto (the character) was stupid at first, and liked fan favorite Sasuke. But, even though Sasuke is still his favorite, he doesn't think Naruto is a weak loser anymore. It took a lot of time to develop Naruto's Identity, and push him beyond a Goku like idiot who wins with determination. The biggest difference between DBZ and Naruto (and there are many, only morons who have barely had any contact with Naruto so easily make that assumption. And yes I am specifically targeting some one with this comment.) is that Naruto wasn't strong, wasn't talented, and wasn't liked. Everyone hated him, and that is his drive to succeed come from. Unlike Goku's natural need to battle, Naruto fights to prove himself to the people that don't have faith in him. Everybody believed in Goku.

Naruto, to me, is a great character. He has to earn the power at his disposal. Sure, he may have a demons chakera in him, but all the suffering he has endure has been a more than fair price to pay for it, especially considering that it if the seal had failed for any reason, he would die. He was a sacrifice after all. More than that though, if you have ever been truly lonely, lived in a world where no one understands you, or where no one loves you, Naruto can be an inspiration. Rather than hate and despise, fight and triumph. Earn respect. A while back Roy of Inferno got made a little fun of for calling an anime character his hero. I'm not so sure he actually meant hero in a conventional sense now. He may have just meant that he was an inspiration character. Naruto really reminds me my own Blight, the character I write about in my stories, so maybe that's why I like him so much.

Anyway, my point is that yeah, in the first few episodes, Naruto is annoying, a loser, and weak. But if that is all you see of him, than you have missed the reason he made to look that way in the begging. Naruto is a dynamic character, which is a fancy way of saying that he changes. He starts out like a wimp, but develops power, skill, and resolve in a well paced manor. So If you see a few eps and think man, Naruto sucks, why do people like this show? It’s because they had the patients to actually see a character develop before deciding what type cast to give them. Then again, I’m an English major and expect more than static stereotypes out of my narrated entities.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe

Messages In This Thread
What do you think of the dub of Naruto? - by Blight - 02-21-2006, 04:00 PM