Canadian Elections
As far as scandals go here in Canada, ours are pretty low key and tend to be about graft rather than human rights violations. There have been a few run ins with the native population over the years but somehow those manage to get buried in the press without too much being made of things in the long run.

As a whole, Canada is strong on individual freedoms and allowing people to live their own lives the way they want to run them. With the Liberals heading the nation, we were on the road to legalizing marijuana but I expect that to be put on hold now that we have a Conservative government.

One thing that helps me define Canada is when I look at our performance in the Olympics compared to our performance in the Special Olympics. In the Olympics, we won a modest number of medals for a country of our size. In the Special Olympics, Canada won a disproportionally large number of medals. Looking at this makes me think about where we invest our money as Canadians and where our focus is as a whole. I see Canada as working very hard to make sure that everyone, regardless of status, is given equal opportunity to succeed. I'm not saying that some people don't have more opportunities than others, I'm just saying that we work hard to even things out here.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Messages In This Thread
Canadian Elections - by vegeta76 - 01-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Canadian Elections - by Elcoholic - 01-24-2006, 03:24 AM
Canadian Elections - by vegeta76 - 01-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Canadian Elections - by Zagatto - 01-25-2006, 05:30 AM
Canadian Elections - by JunkieJoe - 01-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Canadian Elections - by Elcoholic - 01-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Canadian Elections - by vegeta76 - 01-25-2006, 10:57 AM