New Blue Dragon Realtime Trailer
Cidien Wrote:Definitely looking forward to it. Those three names together aren't likely to go wrong. Toriyama seems to be running out of ideas or something though lol. Anyone notice in DQ8 jesica looks EXACTLY like marle from CT?

If Marle is the Princess, then she is also Bulma from dragon ball. I took one look at DQ* and Was like, "Hmm, the main charecter looks like Goku, one of'em looks like TRunks and they do the Kaio-ken power up too..."

desfunk Wrote:It's the same reason I don't own a DS, even though there are a few games that look good on it as well.

Well your mistaken there buddy. Mario Kart DS, Advance Wars Dual Strike, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Kirby Canvas Curse, Meteos and Metroid Prime Pinball are all great games I have personally had time with (Or own in most cases). As for games that have universally scored well that I haven’t played yet: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Nintendogs, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Sonic Rush, Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, Trauma Center: Under the Knife, and Super Mario 64 DS makes fifteen high quality titles for the system. You can say that there isn’t anything you want to play on it if you want, but there are definitely more than 2-5 good games for the DS.

elcoholic Wrote:I haven't read up on it either. When looking at the trailer you see these kids summoning pokemon like monsters behind them. I'm guessing you let the monsters do the fighting hence the pokemon comparison. Plus it looks like a kids game.

That is seriously undermining the concept, but I guess you just don’t know enough about it. You are right about the shadows taking place in battle though. But thinking about it as Pokemon is silly, since the shadows are a part of the characters. Also, there are party members. In essence a lot of games boil down to one approach or another especaily in RPG’s. In a mech RPG, it wouldn't be much different because the mech is being controlled by the character, but no one would call that Pokemon even though it is essentially the same game mechanic colored a different color. Plus from the sounds of some of the stuff I have read, there will be some action-oriented gameplay as well. No one is sure what that means, but at the very least it would present a great deal of separation from something that resembles Pokemon.

Also I’m gonna rant at you because you hold a trait I absolutely despise. All it takes for you decide on this game or not is by looking at it. But that isn’t so bad, I do that everyday. What I don’t do is say that something looks like it is for kids based on how it looks, I check its use for that. So many people decided Wind Waker was a bad game because of the Cel-Shaded graphics and they are all dumbasses for it. If every game went for the realistic look, games would have died for me because creativity has died too. Different art styles are just as important to a games as different genres. Judging it as a kids game because it uses non-realistic art style is a unintelligent out-look to have.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe

Messages In This Thread
New Blue Dragon Realtime Trailer - by Ryujin - 12-18-2005, 11:04 AM
New Blue Dragon Realtime Trailer - by Cidien - 12-21-2005, 11:52 PM
New Blue Dragon Realtime Trailer - by Elcoholic - 12-22-2005, 03:07 AM
New Blue Dragon Realtime Trailer - by wrxh8r - 12-27-2005, 12:34 PM
New Blue Dragon Realtime Trailer - by desfunk - 12-27-2005, 01:47 PM
New Blue Dragon Realtime Trailer - by Ryujin - 12-27-2005, 01:54 PM
New Blue Dragon Realtime Trailer - by desfunk - 12-27-2005, 02:17 PM
New Blue Dragon Realtime Trailer - by Elcoholic - 12-28-2005, 02:38 AM
New Blue Dragon Realtime Trailer - by Blight - 12-28-2005, 05:36 PM