Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New Blue Dragon Realtime Trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a new trailer for BD. For those of you who don't know this is one of the two RPGs being made for the X360 by Mistwalker, a company that was founded by Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi. Music by Nobuo Uematsu and character designs by Akira Toriyama.

Anyway, the trailer is awesome, anyone on the fence about 360 I think this will definatly push them over the line. The game uses an almost "claymation" kind of style and looks almost the quality of some Pixar CG movies. Definatly approaching Toy Story quality.

http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_2110_en.html
Definitely looking forward to it. Those three names together aren't likely to go wrong. Toriyama seems to be running out of ideas or something though lol. Anyone notice in DQ8 jesica looks EXACTLY like marle from CT?
This is the 360's pokemon. Not my thing.

As far as graphics go, i'm not impressed. The world looks cool but i'm more into realistic stuff with lots of details. I don't think this would do well in the west and with so little 360's sold in Japan I don't think it will do well regardless since rpg lovers don't buy a 360, they buy a ps3.
Pokemon? I havnt read up on it but isnt it about people with special fighting monster shadows.How does that comparee to a pet fighting collection game.Or did you mean as in.This game is going to be big as hell.Or something.
maybe i should actuallly read up on it Smile
I like how they're going for the claymation look with this game. Cause they're pulling it off quite well. Too bad it still won't make me go out and buy a 360 (if DOA4 can't, then nothing will)
desfunk Wrote:I like how they're going for the claymation look with this game. Cause they're pulling it off quite well. Too bad it still won't make me go out and buy a 360 (if DOA4 can't, then nothing will)

I don't get it..if you like this and DOA4 then surely you must like some other games on it, I was under the impression that you bought a console for the games on it...and what would make you buy an X360?
I buy a console for their games, yes. But if said console only has 2-5 decent looking titles then it's a waste of my money. It's the same reason I don't own a DS, even though there are a few games that look good on it as well.

I just won't feel that i'm getting my moneys worth. Now a few years from now after the system has had some time to settle. THEN I may look into getting one, if only cause i'll have a bigger selection to choose from.
wrxh8r Wrote:Pokemon? I havnt read up on it but isnt it about people with special fighting monster shadows.How does that comparee to a pet fighting collection game.Or did you mean as in.This game is going to be big as hell.Or something.
maybe i should actuallly read up on it Smile

I haven't read up on it either. When looking at the trailer you see these kids summoning pokemon like monsters behind them. I'm guessing you let the monsters do the fighting hence the pokemon comparison. Plus it looks like a kids game.

I'm more impressed with the Lost Planet trailer. Great mech action mixed up with third person on foot missions when walking from one mech to another and it looks great.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/lostplanet/trailer.html
Cidien Wrote:Definitely looking forward to it. Those three names together aren't likely to go wrong. Toriyama seems to be running out of ideas or something though lol. Anyone notice in DQ8 jesica looks EXACTLY like marle from CT?

If Marle is the Princess, then she is also Bulma from dragon ball. I took one look at DQ* and Was like, "Hmm, the main charecter looks like Goku, one of'em looks like TRunks and they do the Kaio-ken power up too..."

desfunk Wrote:It's the same reason I don't own a DS, even though there are a few games that look good on it as well.

Well your mistaken there buddy. Mario Kart DS, Advance Wars Dual Strike, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Kirby Canvas Curse, Meteos and Metroid Prime Pinball are all great games I have personally had time with (Or own in most cases). As for games that have universally scored well that I haven’t played yet: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Nintendogs, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Sonic Rush, Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, Trauma Center: Under the Knife, and Super Mario 64 DS makes fifteen high quality titles for the system. You can say that there isn’t anything you want to play on it if you want, but there are definitely more than 2-5 good games for the DS.

elcoholic Wrote:I haven't read up on it either. When looking at the trailer you see these kids summoning pokemon like monsters behind them. I'm guessing you let the monsters do the fighting hence the pokemon comparison. Plus it looks like a kids game.

That is seriously undermining the concept, but I guess you just don’t know enough about it. You are right about the shadows taking place in battle though. But thinking about it as Pokemon is silly, since the shadows are a part of the characters. Also, there are party members. In essence a lot of games boil down to one approach or another especaily in RPG’s. In a mech RPG, it wouldn't be much different because the mech is being controlled by the character, but no one would call that Pokemon even though it is essentially the same game mechanic colored a different color. Plus from the sounds of some of the stuff I have read, there will be some action-oriented gameplay as well. No one is sure what that means, but at the very least it would present a great deal of separation from something that resembles Pokemon.

Also I’m gonna rant at you because you hold a trait I absolutely despise. All it takes for you decide on this game or not is by looking at it. But that isn’t so bad, I do that everyday. What I don’t do is say that something looks like it is for kids based on how it looks, I check its use for that. So many people decided Wind Waker was a bad game because of the Cel-Shaded graphics and they are all dumbasses for it. If every game went for the realistic look, games would have died for me because creativity has died too. Different art styles are just as important to a games as different genres. Judging it as a kids game because it uses non-realistic art style is a unintelligent out-look to have.
So true, I still flip out on people who trash Wind Waker. Yeah the tri-force quest at the end was lamely tossed in, but the rest of the game was fantastic.

As for the DS thing, I know there ARE a lot more good titles on it, but a lot of those games don't interest me. If i was to buy one, the only games i'd buy would be: Castlevania (i'm still debating buying a DS JUST for that), Pheonix Wright, and Trauma Center. Also, i'd be sure to buy the one that comes with Mario Kart. Then again, I don't own a GBA either and I love loads of games on that system (that sadly i've only played emulate). Though i'll admit, I see myself having a higher chance of buying a DS over a 360.
Well to name games that you might be interested in I'd have to know what genres and what kinds of games you like, but I'll just name some of the ones I'm looking forward to.

Blue Dragon (RPG)
Lost Odyssey (RPG)
Dead Or Alive 4 (Fighting)
Lost Planet (3rd Person Shooter)
Resident Evil 5 (3rd Person shooter)
N3: Ninety Nine Nights (Action [Think Dynasty Warriors but way better])
[eM] -Enchant Arm- (RPG)
Armoured Core 4 (Mech Action/Simulation)
Chrome Hounds (Mech Action/Simulation/Team Based Online play)
Dead Rising (Zombie Action game [Trapped in a mall with 1000's of zombies])

That is just the tip of the iceberg, I could name loads of games. Seeing as this is an anime board I decided to name just some of the Japanese made games comming soon. There are some that I know about with potential that won't release for a while, and then there are untitled or unannounced projects. Come E3 you should see a pretty cool line up.
Blight Wrote:That is seriously undermining the concept, but I guess you just don’t know enough about it. You are right about the shadows taking place in battle though. But thinking about it as Pokemon is silly, since the shadows are a part of the characters. Also, there are party members. In essence a lot of games boil down to one approach or another especaily in RPG’s. In a mech RPG, it wouldn't be much different because the mech is being controlled by the character, but no one would call that Pokemon even though it is essentially the same game mechanic colored a different color. Plus from the sounds of some of the stuff I have read, there will be some action-oriented gameplay as well. No one is sure what that means, but at the very least it would present a great deal of separation from something that resembles Pokemon.

Also I’m gonna rant at you because you hold a trait I absolutely despise. All it takes for you decide on this game or not is by looking at it. But that isn’t so bad, I do that everyday. What I don’t do is say that something looks like it is for kids based on how it looks, I check its use for that. So many people decided Wind Waker was a bad game because of the Cel-Shaded graphics and they are all dumbasses for it. If every game went for the realistic look, games would have died for me because creativity has died too. Different art styles are just as important to a games as different genres. Judging it as a kids game because it uses non-realistic art style is a unintelligent out-look to have.

To be completely honest, I have never played or seen a pokemon game in action. I just see goofy monsters spawning to fight for you and I think pokemon.

But based on what I have seen (and not read) this is still going to be a kids game. Not just because its cell shaded. I love Killer7, XIII, Vieuwtiful joe and to a lesser degree windwaker so I don't have trouble with cell shading as long as its somewhat realistic but this game's charecters are made for kids. The main charecter is a dwarf with huge eyes. The 'shadows' come straight out of the pokemon universe. When the last time you summoned a monster in a game and he appeared with a smile on his face? Not saying this will be a bad game, just not my thing. And I'll still bet you that it will be a kids game (which the 360 can use btw.)

Now, you make one mistake in that rant. I haven't decided on this game yet. I don't do that till I see gameplay. I just said based on what I've seen (just the trailers) it looks like a kids game and I'm not interested in kids games.
Again, don't get me wrong that there ARE decent looking titles on the system. But they still don't seem like 'system sellers' to me.

Blue Dragon (RPG) <-- looks good
Lost Odyssey (RPG) <-- i don't think there's been a single GAME screenshot (all that's been shown is CG looking stuff)
Dead Or Alive 4 (Fighting) <-- i admit i want it
Lost Planet (3rd Person Shooter) <-- another game that looks fantastic
Resident Evil 5 (3rd Person shooter) <--- ps3
N3: Ninety Nine Nights (Action [Think Dynasty Warriors but way better]) <--- all the videos i've seen just don't look that impressive
[eM] -Enchant Arm- (RPG) <-- same as above, though it has some neat looking things
Armoured Core 4 (Mech Action/Simulation) <--- ps3 + i hate armored core
Chrome Hounds (Mech Action/Simulation/Team Based Online play) <--- not sure
Dead Rising (Zombie Action game [Trapped in a mall with 1000's of zombies]) <-- looks cool in idea, but still not a 'buy worthy' game.

For me, it takes a lot to get me to buy a game. Well, unless it's an rpg, i buy all of those (for the ps2 anyway). So yes, this makes it look like there are more games then i mention that i'm interested in. But I just don't see forking out that much cash to play them.

Then again, this is coming from someone who still frequently plays ps1, saturn, and dreamcast games. I'm usually quite happy with everything I have. I'm sure the next console i'll buy will probably be a ps3. Since a lot of the franchises I love are and probably will be on there.

As for another 360 game that looks REALLY good (to me) is the new Ghost Recon. It's one of the few that i'd actually buy.