Poll: What do you think of the dub voices overall for Naruto?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Awesome
4.88%
2 4.88%
Great
9.76%
4 9.76%
ok
14.63%
6 14.63%
Pretty bad
36.59%
15 36.59%
The most terrible thing you have ever heard in your life
34.15%
14 34.15%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the dub of Naruto?
I think
Quote: Fuck the kids too; they ruin everything.
is where our opinions really break. I believe that kids (specifically the group of people that will have a difficult time getting naruto off the net without help) should be able to watch the anime.

Also, I agree that their editing wasn't optimal (literally, the fact that they edited wasn't optimal), but I just don't see what they've done as horrible. As I've said before, MOST of it was necessary if they wanted to show it to the age group they're targeting it to. (which is a reasonable age group; the same one they've targeted it to in japan, I'm pretty sure).

Lastly, I think their voicing was damn good, considering how hard it is to voice the characters. A couple of them could use some work (and unfortunately, one of those is the main actor), but most of the VA's are very proficient and experienced. (Yuri Lowenthal [sasuke], for example, who has a *very* long list of movies and series he's VA'd, and is fluent in four languages.)

Quote:Do you fucking work for Viz?! Merchandise?! WHAT THE FUCK?!
No. I'm a gamer, so when I find an anime I enjoy, I tend to try to see if there are any games tied to it. Importing japanese versions doesn't work because they're regional, and I don't want to bother with a transformer and buying another console. (considering last time i tried to work a controller in my house, it died within three days).

Messages In This Thread
What do you think of the dub of Naruto? - by hakken - 10-07-2005, 11:38 AM