Poll: What do you think of the dub voices overall for Naruto?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Awesome
4.88%
2 4.88%
Great
9.76%
4 9.76%
ok
14.63%
6 14.63%
Pretty bad
36.59%
15 36.59%
The most terrible thing you have ever heard in your life
34.15%
14 34.15%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the dub of Naruto?
I would not qualify the english dub of naruto as a "weak ass cartoon". It's still an anime, just not quite as authentic as an unedited version might have been. And in either case, I understand your want to "have it done right" - but if you don't care whether it makes it onto TV, then why even bother discussing the TV version? What I'm saying is that IF it were to make it onto TV, it would HAVE to have most of the edits that it currently has. So if you wanted something that was perfect, why look for the TV version - just wait for the unedited, or keep watching the way you've obviously been able to. The fact that it's now accessible to a whole lot more people isn't a *bad* thing, even if what they're accessing is, in your opinion, an inferior product.

Yes, the topic of the thread is "what do you think of the dub of naruto" - but consider, if you take for granted that if they're going to show this on U.S. TV, it's going to have edits, which will inevitably include "the power and perspective falls out of the words and pictures that way" -type ramifications. That taken into account, I think that they did a good job. Not an awesome, nor an excellent job, just a good job. Well worth watching - it's still naruto, even if some of the nuances are missing.

And if they hadn't released it, kids in the U.S. and canada wouldn't have anywhere near as easy access to it, and merchandise (specifically the videogames, imo) wouldn't probably have made it to the states.

The internet creates an elite - a group of superinformed people who are privileged with second or third-hand, mostly unedited information. This fact shouldn't impede on everyone's else right to information.

Messages In This Thread
What do you think of the dub of Naruto? - by hakken - 10-06-2005, 01:56 PM