HK Movie: Initial D
Watched it 2 nights ago at a Premier Screening.
Initial D Movie

It's MEH for me but others may feel that it's above average.

First of all, Jay Chou is Takumi : puke: His image does not fit Takumi's at all. Jay Chow's image is more fitting of Ryosuke. He looks too old to be Takumi.

Edison Chen is Ryosuke (Red Suns) :disappointed: I expected him to be Takumi actually.
Edison Chen is capable of that :confused: :blur: look which is typical of Takumi.

Anthony Wong plays Fujiwara, Takumi's Dad. He's supposed to be a drunkard who hits his son. WTH? I don't remember Takumi's Dad being a drunkard??!!!

To me, the car racing scenes from the anime is much better than the movie. I felt my pulse racing more while watching the anime than the movie.

Actually, I went to the screening without knowing anything about the cast and story changes. I've been wanting to watch it ever since I learnt that HK is making the movie last November.

Throughout the whole show, I was like, WTH? HUH? Ehhhh......oh ok..... Actually, there's nothing new in the movie which you don't already know. Since it's a movie, it's just kind of rushed in all aspects, may it be the car racing scenes or character developments...

Today is the official release date of Initial D to the theatres. In the morning newspapers, I learnt that Edison Chen was indeed supposed to be Takumi. However, because Jay Chou is a singer, hence has a bigger fan base, Jay Chou replaced Edison Chen as the leading role instead. Bah.......

Wonder when would the dvd come out. It's dubbed in Mandarin in Singapore's release. I want the original Cantonese release.

Messages In This Thread
HK Movie: Initial D - by Japschin - 06-22-2005, 11:48 PM
HK Movie: Initial D - by Cidien - 06-23-2005, 12:29 AM
HK Movie: Initial D - by Cidien - 06-23-2005, 12:37 AM
HK Movie: Initial D - by rarnom - 06-23-2005, 06:53 PM
HK Movie: Initial D - by Psygnius - 06-23-2005, 10:17 PM
HK Movie: Initial D - by Japschin - 06-23-2005, 11:57 PM