Import Anime Forums

Full Version: HK Movie: Initial D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watched it 2 nights ago at a Premier Screening.
Initial D Movie

It's MEH for me but others may feel that it's above average.

First of all, Jay Chou is Takumi : puke: His image does not fit Takumi's at all. Jay Chow's image is more fitting of Ryosuke. He looks too old to be Takumi.

Edison Chen is Ryosuke (Red Suns) :disappointed: I expected him to be Takumi actually.
Edison Chen is capable of that :confused: :blur: look which is typical of Takumi.

Anthony Wong plays Fujiwara, Takumi's Dad. He's supposed to be a drunkard who hits his son. WTH? I don't remember Takumi's Dad being a drunkard??!!!

To me, the car racing scenes from the anime is much better than the movie. I felt my pulse racing more while watching the anime than the movie.

Actually, I went to the screening without knowing anything about the cast and story changes. I've been wanting to watch it ever since I learnt that HK is making the movie last November.

Throughout the whole show, I was like, WTH? HUH? Ehhhh......oh ok..... Actually, there's nothing new in the movie which you don't already know. Since it's a movie, it's just kind of rushed in all aspects, may it be the car racing scenes or character developments...

Today is the official release date of Initial D to the theatres. In the morning newspapers, I learnt that Edison Chen was indeed supposed to be Takumi. However, because Jay Chou is a singer, hence has a bigger fan base, Jay Chou replaced Edison Chen as the leading role instead. Bah.......

Wonder when would the dvd come out. It's dubbed in Mandarin in Singapore's release. I want the original Cantonese release.
Hmm, i'd say awesome but it irritates me when they change things for a movie release. Either follow the story or continue it or just don't make it. Making his dad a drunkard that hits his son is just stupid.

Example - read Count of Monte Cristo then watch the newer movie. The movie isn't bad - but if you've read the book you probably wont like it much.
Say, anyone played the initial d arcade game? I think it's pretty fun - although I think they should have put more emphasis on drifting. I'd like to sit down and play it for hours but at $1 a play I couldn't afford it lol.
Japschin Wrote:Anthony Wong plays Fujiwara, Takumi's Dad. He's supposed to be a drunkard who hits his son. WTH? I don't remember Takumi's Dad being a drunkard??!!!

I am a HUGE fan of Anthony Wong. I am looking forward to seeing him in action in this film.
I think Anthony Wong is pretty awesome too. However, yeah, I disagree with most of their casting choices. Personally, I wouldn't cast Edison Chen in anything. I've seen his acting in both of the Twins Effect movies, and I really didn't think he could act. I would've prefered Nicholas Tse for EITHER of the roles, Takumi or Ryosuke. And Kyoichi or however you say his name should've been played by Stephen Fung, in my opinion. Just my casting choices.
Psygnius Wrote:Personally, I wouldn't cast Edison Chen in anything. I've seen his acting in both of the Twins Effect movies, and I really didn't think he could act.

So you've seen him only in 2 movies which in both he's mainly a guest star? Erm...I don't see how a person could act when he had less than 5 mins of appearance, at least in Twin Effect 2.
Have you seen his other movies where he's the leading character?
It's the same as saying Liv Tyler couldn't act in LOTR II & III since she didn't appear for more than 15 mins in each movie. *shrug*