Trying to decide on kenshin need help...
WHats good everyone? I see some have posted asking for guidance on series and i thought i would do the same. I like the more mature series in anime. My current favorites are gungrave, texhnolyze, boogiepop phantom, and EVA. I CANNOT deal with the cutsey bug eyes or comedic anime. I guess its just me but i think that type of anime is hella lame. My question is based onthis would it be worth investing in the kenshin series. I am really intruged by the edo period and samurai fiction and film (lone wolf and cub is THE best manga i have ever read) and i have heard that the kenshin series is faithful to the time period.

The problem is that i purchased the first disk and thought it was total garbage. Too much comedy, too bright, too mmuch bug eyes, etc. I know the principle is non violence in teh series but i cant deal with 95 epidsodes of kenshin tlakin shit for 30 minutes and hten slappin someoen with a swaord, i need to see some arms chopped off decapitations etc. I also purchased the OAV (only trust) and thought it was great. Obviously the series is not as dark as the OAV, but im tryn to figure out if i should take the plunge and ge the TV series or just complete the OAV.

Your thoughts are appreciated and if you could suggest which box set to get, id appreaciate it.

Messages In This Thread
Trying to decide on kenshin need help... - by annan - 06-01-2005, 04:36 PM