Brothers in Arms
elcoholic Wrote:I've played it now and it looks amazing. The atmosphere is great and you really feel a sort of tension when your flanking someone. Only I suck at it. The enemy AI is so good that they still see me before I see them. I don't think I've ever seen such good AI in a console game. The graphics and sound are also very good on the ps2 (even though its the crappy pal version :p ) and it really feels like a war when your in a battle with some wel covered enemy's. I personally don't like the zoomed in view because the rifles barrel takes up to much space on the screen but its still the only way to accuratly hit an enemy. You have to aim through the small metal thing on the end of your barrel which is to small.

I've read some descriptions of the online gameplay and it sounds difficult. I think you'll need to fully memorise the levels before you can become good at it. There's multiple ways to do everything it seems.

Don't worry... I sucked at first, too, and now I'm doing the ol' suppress and flank like it's second nature. Unless it is different from the Xbox ntsc version, you should be able to enable cross-hairs in the options menu, so that you aren't required to zoom in to hit targets. A lot of purists will call you horrible things for taking that hardcore aspect away.. but I found it necessary to do until I felt more comfortable with squad commands and flanking techniques.

The multiplayer does play differently, in that you never know what the other team is cooking up... however, you should only need some good practice at squad commanding in the single player to jump into it. Ending up with a good team-mate, also helps, as you'll get stomped on if you don't co-operate and communicate well.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection

Messages In This Thread
Brothers in Arms - by r00ster - 03-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Brothers in Arms - by Elcoholic - 03-10-2005, 03:31 AM
Brothers in Arms - by desfunk - 03-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Brothers in Arms - by Elcoholic - 03-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Brothers in Arms - by desfunk - 03-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Brothers in Arms - by r00ster - 03-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Brothers in Arms - by Elcoholic - 03-14-2005, 04:40 AM
Brothers in Arms - by r00ster - 03-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Brothers in Arms - by desfunk - 03-17-2005, 09:39 AM