Just bought these new Ghibli/Disney 2-Disc's
puzzleguy Wrote:Im glad your all happy with these pimped out versions-- come-on would'nt it be better in japanese language and subtitled in English then letting those Disney whore mongers screw with it-- and the big deal of getting one of the other disney dubs- which by the way you probably already have if your a true Studio Gibli fan -- I think they really screwed up Spirited away, which is one of the best films ever made , forget its anime , it in the top 10 best movies ever--what also pisses me off about Disney is you will rarely ever see these babys under 20 bucks-( thats on a good day )- Well come to think of it , you can turn off the English, listen to it in Japanese with subtitles and it would be the way it was intended to be viewed-- but the Studio Gibli set is pretty much the same and a whole lot cheaper-( 6 disc set is better than the four )- Yeeeee ah HK Cool good hunting !
I actually prefer watching with the Japanese track with the english subtitles, but I have to say that the Disney version is a MUCH better version of Nausicaa than the HACKED up version that Warriors of the Wind was....although I have to say my fav line from Warriors of the Wind was....(Nausicaa/Zandra) "I can take off from anywhere! (doors open) Except under fire!!".... I didn't mind the prices of these new ones, I got them on sale and an additional 10% off of an extra anime purchase per disk so I got 3 more disks at 10% off....not to bad in my opinion...I've seen worse :p Not to mention I already have the 6 disk set Big Grin
[Image: tsukiko1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Just bought these new Ghibli/Disney 2-Disc's - by Tsukiko - 03-06-2005, 09:03 PM