do you think people should have certain speaking rights
Blight Wrote:I must disagree with you, all things are gray, even the colors black and white. Because our interpretations of right and wrong, good and evil are, at least a base level, personal opinions, they are therefore subject to interpretation. Circumstances also rule what makes something have an inclination to either the darker or lighter side of the moral spectrum. Take murder for example. What exactly is murder to you? How do you define it? It could be a totally different set of conditions involved in what you see a murder and what I think murder is. One good example that I always think of when people start saying right and wrong is absolute is that I believe in revenge, Eye for a MFen Eye, while other?s see it as ?going down to someone else level? or some other weak BS. If a dude were to kill someone I loved, he had better hope the cops get him before I do cause I?d kill their ass.

The point is that some things are indeed Black some things are indeed white, but both black and white are simply the most extreme shades of gray.

That is where I disagree with you Blight. I believe that some things are black and white,

although black and white have shades of gray. We all know there are exceptions so there

will always be a gray area, at least in most things. Also if someone did that to someone I

loved that would be my first thought as well. However, I would probably after a long

period of time think about letting him live in a prison for life. Maybe even an abandoned

one. What we must keep in perspective however, is the fact that our culture dictates our

views on Black and White to a certain extent. Other factors include parents and

upbringing, types of schools we go to etc. Thus what we view as black and white another

person might not. Also Andromeda I agree with you as well that we must know both sides

of the story. Anyway that is just what I think.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn

Messages In This Thread
do you think people should have certain speaking rights - by Ryo of Inferno - 02-16-2005, 12:38 PM