do you think people should have certain speaking rights
elcoholic Wrote:I don't have a problem with people having respect for their country, I just don't like the our country is better than any other county which is essentially what I think the pledge tries to drill into you and is enforced by almost every speach a US president makes. Like the end of a speach is always 'god bless america' and then I think, why not bless the whole world and not just the US while your at it. Smile

I agree with you and that's why I don't like my country over any other. I mean, of course, I prefer my city and the people who live in it over some place I don't know but I feel more like a citizen of the world than a citizen of Portugal. I think every country and it's people are fabulous and interesting in their own way. Besides, I could have been born in Siberia (damn, the cold!) just as easily as I was born here, it was a random thing. It's all land that's what it is, the world is one, we just decided to divide it by virtual lines.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
do you think people should have certain speaking rights - by Andromeda18_ - 02-12-2005, 02:23 PM