do you think people should have certain speaking rights
Blight Wrote:The way it sounded to me was as simple as it is written. He took two ideas completely separate from one another to point out that know matter what you talk about, you should have the knowledge or done enough research to support your clams. The ideas were so abstract from one another for the purpose of illustrating that point.

Cyrus Wrote:Andromedia you did miss the point i was just stating examples. of course they aren't the same i mean come on the getting rid of the pledge of allegiance or altering it is so much worst then murder (just joking)

I did get your point, I do get your point. Yet, even after you said you didn't mean anything by it it still sounds like that to me. It's no big deal really, and it didn't stop me from completely understanding your point of view. That said, unfortunately, there are people who think being against the pledge of allegiance in schools is anti-patriotic and for them that's worse than being a murderer.

Blight Wrote:Like if a journalist were to report on a big military operation before it happened and the enemy capitalized on it and a bunch of our soldiers ended up dead. I would be in great support of the Government capping any SOB that would knowingly put other people at risk of being killed to sell a news story.

I agree that sometimes journalists should keep their big mouths closed. However, I also think some countries take national defense to shameful extremes.

Blight Wrote:Well, they can have their say, but they will also have to deal with the consequences of their actions. People look at them as ignorant, bottom-feeding lowlifes. There are many things you have a right to do, but there will always be a penalty for any unacceptable actions (although an very poignant argument can be made that ?moral consequence? is some thing few people give a damn about anymore).

That's my opinion as well. Too bad not everybody sees racists as ignorant, bottom-feeding lowlifes.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
do you think people should have certain speaking rights - by Andromeda18_ - 02-09-2005, 08:28 PM