do you think people should have certain speaking rights
i just read the anime ban petition post and i was wondering if you think certain people should have a limited amout of things they can discuss like if you had a card and then it had topics on it that you could talk about and these topics would be added if you had actually learned something about the subject like most people here know anime good enough to somewhat discuss it and have some idea about what they are talking about.

I know this is harsh but my real question is would it really be that bad and yes i know it would defeat free speech but do you think it would drive people to learn more?

Also would it stop most of the confusion in the world and miscommunication.

like im not saying you need to go to college for this or anything but i mean read up on it for a half hour or an hour and like if it was golf at least watch it on tv or if it were computers at least be willing to learn before making huge moral comments about whatever your speaking about.

I know that petition was a joke but to be honest it just as easily could of been a real petition so yeah....

Im really kinda afraid thats all im saying

P.S. this isn't supposed to be offensive i was just going along the same lines as don't vote unless you know the issues sorta deal

Messages In This Thread
do you think people should have certain speaking rights - by Cyrus - 02-03-2005, 03:35 AM